• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    is it me or is the ammo shortage catching up to itself? cause i've been finding alot of ammo here lately, i found 3000 rnds of .45 auto the other day at bass pro, found alot of 5.56 to at different locations.
    Military Camp

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We got 13,000 rounds of 9mm ammo at Red's today. That's not enough to get us all warm and fuzzy inside, but it had been a good while before we'd seen anything in bulk like that.

Just need .45 to show up now.

TxGunsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Houston
    I've had no trouble finding ammo at resonable prices online. I just check them out daily. MidwayUSA.com, SportsmanGuide.com and the AmmoGuy.com. I have found it on cheaperthendirt.com but found it much cheaper elsewhere. SportsmanGuide and AmmoGuy has large quantities of 223 and 308.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I was at Academy in Victoria yesterday and they actually had 1 box of .45 and a dozen or so boxes of 9mm. I haven't seen any there for 2 or 3 months. They had a bunch of the Monarch 5.56 ammo. May be things are getting better.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    things will get better

Talked to a cashier at Cabela's. He says the new ceo of Cabela's had been former some kind of manager of a ammo company??? told him by late summer the ammo manufacturers will be caught up and there will be primers, powder ammo in stock most of the time. Plus with the limited amount they allow hopefully things will get back to normal. Travis feel free to correct any errors you see.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I was at Cabela's in FW today and pistol ammo was sort of hit and miss, rifle and black gun ammo they had a pretty good supply.
    Being a re-loader I don't buy store bought ammo but I do browse it for friends.
    Alas still no primers:(:(:(
    Bullets were pretty scarce too unless you were looking for the HIGH dollar hunting stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    Just stopped by Elk Castle gun shop & indoor range on the west side of F/W today. . . there was more ammo on the shelves than I have seen there in months. . . and. . . the place was empty, at lunch time!!!. . . normally when I drop by around noon the parking lot is full. . . today I was the only person there, no one on the range either. The sales people were dusting and cleaning the shelves. One told me the rush has slowed to a trickle, he figured most have bought their limit and maxed out their credit cards, who knows???

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    like we had said before the supply is beginning to catch up and lots of people cant afford extras right now. I hope NO one gets into debt due to ammo and guns. That just doesnt seem smart to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    S/W Tarrant County
    I like to shoot American Eagle 165gr .40S&W and have a stash. . . they have been running up to $27.95 a box around the area. . . at the store I visited today they were in stock, in quantity, and $21.99 a box. . . maybe there is hope???

Top Bottom