• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Damn. You look at the worst case. Dude, all those road marches in stiff tire tread boots. Carrying a POS m60. Over every rock the army could find.

The wear and tear is catching up. Order some DMSO. It isn't for fence rubbing and it'll knock it out in a day.
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Try to raise the arm when fully extended with someone else holding their hand over your wrist. If you can move their hand without excruciating pain, it is probably not a rotator cuff.( this was the test my doctor did when I was having a similar issue.)

PM me for details on what I had going on and a referral for one of the best sports medicine/ surgeons in the area.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I've had a pain like that come and go for awhile now. Pretty sure it was originally triggered when I worked at a tire shop and moved in a weird way while hefting a tire. That was... 8ish years ago.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If it hurts when you lay down, you are going to want to see a doc. Mine was a torn rotator and partially torn bicep.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A pessimist is never disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding. You're gonna need some titanium. Both my rotator cuffs are shot. I can't even throw a football. Well, I can but it looks like I'm throwing like a girl.

Then there's that rib I broke and have no idea when it happened. BB in back about a half inch deep. Shows up on xrays. Broke a foot too.

Doctor? I got sent home with a bottle of naproxen.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    A CT scan saved my live. Had one done just because of family history. I had no symptoms but it found major blockages that needed fixed. They are cheap, all us old farts should get one even if you feel OK.

http://www.lifelinescreening.com/ca...cecd=WGLE001&gclid=CKbk9NTXx9ICFY-2wAodNhEORA

Yep, I had a scan done to check the circulation in my legs (CT Angiogram) and they found cancer in one of my kidneys. They found it before I had any symptoms and removed it in 2013 and I'm clear so far. I have a yearly scan.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    A reminder that "old age ain't for sissies".
    My rotator cuff wasn't "torn", it was "abraded" from bone spurs. Did I mention "old age"?
    Played the denial game for close to a year before having it fixed. Was pretty well frozen up by then. Caused the PT to take longer than if I had just gone to the orthopedic surgeon in the first place.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm gonna give it 30 years and see if it clears up.

Worked for my knee and lower back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Vegan diet will cure what ails you.
    Crossfit exercise for good measure.

Thank me later.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Went to ViaScan to get their full body CT scan to check for heart attack risk, and they spotted a cyst in my scapula, right on the edge of the film.
    I'd be interested in more info... I think a good diagnostic look inside would be helpful at catching all sorts of things early.

Top Bottom