• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    You're right but in my case it was obvious. Both the mom and dad were there and they were just ignoring the screamers. One of them could have stayed at home with the kids.
    Venture Surplus ad

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I am, for all intents and purpose, a "step-parent". However, I have raised my two hooligans from 5 and 6 to 13 and 14 respectively. When first encountering a disciplinary situation, I reverted back to NAVINSTRUCTOR duty...and the words just kinda "popped out".....DROP! - PUSH UPS - BE-GIN....

Ever seen a 9 year old and his dad on aisle 5 at Kroger pushing 'em out b/c he couldn't keep his hands off his brother?

Or in the parking lot of Gamestop doing "Up-Downs" and "Butterfly kicks" b/c they didn't get what they wanted?

My two are VERY well mannered young MEN, they show respect when it is given. They open doors for others, say Yes/No ma'am/sir, Thank You, Pardon Me, and so forth. They have learned through attrition that certain actions, decisions, and behavior are NOT tolerated.

Never laid a hand on them, never had to. I drop along with them, and while they're whining about being too tired, or "it hurts" and I'm pushing 'em out smiling and singing the praises of P.T., I really think it concerns them that: A) I am a complete lunatic, and if the temper was actually ever really lost, would go nuclear and Denton would be a burning hole in the ground, or B) That I am in better shape than them and they better pack a lunch...

On a side note, I have heard my wife tell another mom in the mall...."Lady, either you can get a hold of your kids, or I'm gonna get a hold of YOU!"...shortly leading to said children and woman exiting the area...

I have seen the exasperated single mom trying to get some groceries before heading home with two curtain climbers going nuts....and her looking like she wants to blow her brains out...usually I'll send one of my boys over with a couple suckers and ask if the kids can have 'em, usual reply if "yes" and the screaming becomes a series of slurping sounds, and mom looks like suicide hotline has been avoided...

It's called SITUATIONAL AWARENESS people. And for the MEN on the forum, it is our DUTY to help/protect those that are trying but are incapable of doing so themselves. Keep that in mind, and the next time you see someone who is TRYING, reach out, and DO SOMETHING. No matter how small it may seem, a showing of humanity every so often can be greatly rewarding. Especially when you get home and the kids tell "Mommy" how helpful "Dad" was and she "rewards" your chivalry...

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I am, for all intents and purpose, a "step-parent". However, I have raised my two hooligans from 5 and 6 to 13 and 14 respectively. When first encountering a disciplinary situation, I reverted back to NAVINSTRUCTOR duty...and the words just kinda "popped out".....DROP! - PUSH UPS - BE-GIN....

Ever seen a 9 year old and his dad on aisle 5 at Kroger pushing 'em out b/c he couldn't keep his hands off his brother?

Or in the parking lot of Gamestop doing "Up-Downs" and "Butterfly kicks" b/c they didn't get what they wanted?

My two are VERY well mannered young MEN, they show respect when it is given. They open doors for others, say Yes/No ma'am/sir, Thank You, Pardon Me, and so forth. They have learned through attrition that certain actions, decisions, and behavior are NOT tolerated.

Never laid a hand on them, never had to. I drop along with them, and while they're whining about being too tired, or "it hurts" and I'm pushing 'em out smiling and singing the praises of P.T., I really think it concerns them that: A) I am a complete lunatic, and if the temper was actually ever really lost, would go nuclear and Denton would be a burning hole in the ground, or B) That I am in better shape than them and they better pack a lunch...

On a side note, I have heard my wife tell another mom in the mall...."Lady, either you can get a hold of your kids, or I'm gonna get a hold of YOU!"...shortly leading to said children and woman exiting the area...

I have seen the exasperated single mom trying to get some groceries before heading home with two curtain climbers going nuts....and her looking like she wants to blow her brains out...usually I'll send one of my boys over with a couple suckers and ask if the kids can have 'em, usual reply if "yes" and the screaming becomes a series of slurping sounds, and mom looks like suicide hotline has been avoided...

It's called SITUATIONAL AWARENESS people. And for the MEN on the forum, it is our DUTY to help/protect those that are trying but are incapable of doing so themselves. Keep that in mind, and the next time you see someone who is TRYING, reach out, and DO SOMETHING. No matter how small it may seem, a showing of humanity every so often can be greatly rewarding. Especially when you get home and the kids tell "Mommy" how helpful "Dad" was and she "rewards" your chivalry...

Dog gone! That was an excellent post. It was all good but especially the last three paragraphs.

Top Bottom