• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just FYI, this is not my event. The people over at The Austin Liberty Coalition on meetup.com set this up, and I WILL be there. Come on guys, lets go show our support!

Strategic Meeting re: APD Gun Show Issue - The Austin Liberty Coalition (Austin, TX) - Meetup.com

Calling all 2nd amendment supporters and activists!
    As many of you probably know, the 2nd amendment is under attack here in Texas! The North Austin Gun Show has been shut down due to pressure from the APD on the venue. The Texas Gun Shows website has the following posted: “Vendor notice – Austin show only: At the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, ONLY LICENSED FFL DEALERS will be allowed to set up and sell firearms at the N. Austin show location.”
    This is a sneaky and underhanded means of gun control and is blatantly usurping standing Texas law that clearly states that Texas residents may purchase rifles, shotguns, handguns ammunition, reloading components, or firearms accessories. No permit or registration is required under state law.
    Jerri Ward is a liberty-minded attorney who has already made an open records request and many liberty-minded individuals and groups in town (TAG, WACA, LOLA) are starting to strategize on various courses of actions ranging from protests to passing out fliers, to paying Acevado a friendly visit to express our upset about this.
    If you have ideas about activities you think we should do, resources you have to share, connections to other groups that would want to get involved, or are just interested in helping out in this cause, please come by tomorrow evening to contribute!
    We need all the help we can get!!

Where:

Spider House Cafe
    2908 Fruth St
    Austin, TX 78705
    512-480-9562

JANUARY 20TH (Tomorrow) @ 6:30pm

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Bump for you... Wish I could be there, but I am in Denver on business and won't be back until late tomorrow night. When I first read the post about this, it was pretty obvious that this was a blatant yet subtle way of them instituting a form of gun control here in Austin......

We all know Austin is the most liberal town in Texas, but I am still shocked that this could happen even in Austin. I grew up there and most everyone I know is on the opposite side of this issue.

We need to take it to those that are instituting this.....bad thing is that boycotting the show or acts such as that will only play right into their hands, everyone needs to show up at the show with a sign or something or step right off the property in plain view of APD to sell or buy firearms ( I know this could cause issues with having a firearm that is visible and not concealed, just trying to make a point), because that is actually how stupid it is, instituting this policy isn't going to fix anything....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You can catch a ride with me. I get off work at 5pm, so I'll probably be heading out about that time or maybe 5:30pm to be safe (Austin traffic lol). That sound alright to you? If so, just hit me up with a PM on the details.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It turned out to be a great event! We had many notable people there including Jerri Lynn Ward (attorney and president of Garlo Ward, PC.), Paul Velte (criminal attorney), Jon Roland (Constitutionalist, running for Texas senate), Jim Stutsman (Libertartian, running for Congress), the wonderful ladies and other people over at The Austin Liberty Coalition meetup group, as well as several vendors involved at the Texas Gun Show event this past weekend, and many others that I'm sure I've probably forgotten. All in all I would say there were approximately 30-40 people in attendance. Naturally, emotions were running high, but I think we brought some great stuff away from the event. As of right now, my plan is to become considerably more active with the ALC meetup group and to try and coordinate with our forum so we can start working TOGETHER! I will be posting stuff in the ACTIVISM section, so please stay tuned. We've been losing ground people, this is the time to start going on the offensive and start peacefully taking back what is ours!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    It was a very good meeting like Sig stated we have come up with a few plans of action that are being put into effect. I will be involved with this and posting what is happening but we can use the support of anyone on here with these actions and events. Hopefully TGT can be a good portion of the overall coalition in defending our rights.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well nothing will certainly get done if NO ONE does anything. I, for one, can't do anything or next to nothing any longer.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Bummer that I didn't hear about this meeting sooner but that sounds like y'all have gotten the ball rolling pretty steadily... I'm definitely going to bust my hump to make the next one if I can...

Top Bottom