• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    How is Texas when it comes to stream/river access for sportsmen? Some states don't allow wading or floating on stretches bordered by private property without landowner permission, some allow wading or floating upto the regular high water mark (typically where shore vegetation starts) - where does Texas stand there? Can you pull off at a bridge and fish a creek/river/lake?

I'm used to the high-water access rules, and don't want to wind up afoul of the law and violate someone's private property rights once I get down that way. I do quite a bit of small stream and river fishing up here. I've seen some gorgeous water ways down there and pictures of folks fishing them and doing well on bass, panfish, cats and carp. Looking forward to trying to tempt some Guads and white bass with the fly rod.

Dad and I have discussed getting a boat to hit up the lakes with, but I love small water fishing too and stream fish tend to be scrappier than their still-water cousins.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    That's the one thing about Texas; it is 95% privately owned so in spite of the great fishing and hunting opportunities, free lancing options are very limited compared to most other states. If you have the $ to spend, there are many good lease deals to be had.

Top Bottom