APOD Firearms

Streamlight TLR-2s or Surefire X400 and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've been leaning toward getting a TLR-2s (or two) because I like the strobe effect, but then again I really do like Surefire's products...

Anyone own both and have a preference?
    Target Sports

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Im not sure if its my imagination but the battery life on the TLR-2 seems to be alot better but with the Surefire series alot of companies are making IWB holsters for them Bladetech Etc.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I have several 2 cell regular LED lights - some have strobe. Honestly, I don't see much use for it. The strobe effect is not "disorientating" to me when I've tried it on myself

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've been leaning toward getting a TLR-2s (or two) because I like the strobe effect, but then again I really do like Surefire's products...

Anyone own both and have a preference?

I don't own a Surefire, but currently own two TLR-2 (non-strobe) lights, one Streamlight Stinger Poly and one regular Stinger. I did own a TLR-1 (non-strobe) for several years, and it gave me great service before I sold it to a friend. I will not sell anything I consider craptastic to a friend, ever. Only awesome stuff that I know they'll be happy with. I've also had several of their little pen lights, starting with the Stylus (Ok, but not terribly durable) to the Stylus Pro (freaking awesome for the size and durable as hell) to my current EDC pocket carry the Microstream (which is a Stylus Pro cut in half) that's been in the corner of my pocket for about a year now. All their products except the original Stylus have been very reliable, and lasted me until I lose them (one Stinger, several Stylus...Stylii? Whatever. And the two Stylus Pro that my ex wife walked off with) and all have been reasonably priced.

IMO Streamlight can't be beat for the price. Their product is at least equal quality to Surefire and costs a lot less.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I have the tlr 1s for my 19 and it carries in a raven holster very well I shoot it 2 times a week with the light on there and it gets throwed around in my jeep alot and it has never failed. Im not much of a laser guy so I cant comment on the 2 series but I know my tlr 1s and my tlr 1 on my shotgun gets used and abused and they hold up real good. My only complaint which is not model specific is that the lens gets real dirty on the lights when used on my g21 but not the 19 or my mp 9fs which im sure any light would.

Top Bottom