• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    its funny you brought up the gs500 because i had an 04 that i had for a few years before i moved down. the insurance wasnt too bad for it thats why i kept it for so long.
    Texas SOT

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I closed my motorcycle insurance account at progressive due to liberal ties to soros and the ACLU. My money. I can spend it as I like thank you. I went with american lloyds underwriters for a buck less a year. I will check out state farm. Thanks guys.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp

Ps, my wife's triumph and my bmw eurotrash bikes are not cheap to insure but we sure do enjoy them.

2manyhobbies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Round Rock
    +1 for Progressive. They have good rates and you can set it up online and see prices for each option.

I remember a few years ago an insurance guy told me the average time between a bran new GSX-R600 and a totaled bike was 90 days.

That happens because most newbies think they need to buy a Busa as a first bike instead of the Ninja 250, and the salesmen at the dealerships don't care if the buyer knows how to ride or not... it's all about the sale. There was a flyer at cyclegear recently for a fundraiser to help this kids family, he bought a R1 on a Thursday and died on it the following Tuesday. Sad, but it happens a lot.

JBarL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Mosheim
    When I had my 04 harley I had my nationwide insurance agent on phone gave vin# yea mod make etc. they told me no problem they faxed me a copy of insurance paper I paid $187.00 a year for full coverage plus in coverage was $20k accidental death which allowed for no helmet. and I also had coverage for a passenger as well Nationwide has been very good to me everytime I purchase a differnt vehicle I just call they add it on no problems However I live near Waco, TX but my inusrance agent is in San Antonio but I do go there to meet them in person sometimes just to say hi when I roll through there. but I guess just shop around cause what is good for me may not be good for you. its like buying a gun heck I'll sell you ll kinds but if you dont like it you wont be comfortable with it.

Curt 58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Rhome
    Looking at my Motorcycle insurance paperwork right now. Comes due the 23rd of this month (Aug).
    $210 a year for two motorcycle with full coverage, $250 detuctible, theft, road side assistance and all the trimmings on my KLR 650 and E900 Ducati.
    But, I'm 60 years old and have been riding and insured with Progressive since the stone age!
    Progressive has insured my bikes since they started insuring motorcycles.
    Before them was Daryland!

Step son (30's YO) pays $1100 a year for full coverage for his GSXR 1000.

Helps to be old this time!

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    looking at buying a motorcycle seeing that its been two years without one now. looking into a cbr600rr or similiar. a few years ago it was more than the bike payments were a month. what are you guys paying and who are you going through? just trying to get a ballpark figure before i call a place and flip out if its still high.

I have progressive on all of my bikes [2001 Honda rebel, 1995 Kawi Z6R, 2008 Kawi 250R] and I pay $76 each per year for liability insurance. I am a very safe and conscious cyclist. That and I paid less than $1000 for all three of them together :) [I work on motorcycles as a hobby]

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I'm with Allstate. Progressive was a joke with their quote on my clean record. With their liability only, I can get full coverage with allstate and still have some left over.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    IS BIKELINE Called Markel now ? I first had Diaryland then went to progressive then Gieco now back to progressive through USAA. I will get a quote from Bikeline/markel.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I just covered my Harley XL1200C with Progressive. I have 45+ years in the saddle so for full coverage, it was $227/year. They threw in roadside assistance and some accessory coverage, too.

Flash

Top Bottom