• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Running a 2011 Ram 3500 CC 4x4 w/the 5.4 Hemi. Engine is a beast - it'll push me down the road as fast as I care to go.......but the PO apparently fancied himself an electrician - but never bothered to take into account the fact that they're SO computer-centric. Over the past 3 months, it's had 3 new electric pumps - and the 3rd one crapped out on me Monday morning just as I was finished filling the 44 gallon gas tank. Got it towed to the dealership (previous work done by a local mechanic that's worked on my stuff for 15 years - he's good AND honest). Sent it there on his advice - he suspected there were other issues causing the failure. Report comes back of a bad harness, bad fuel pump and a burnt connector......yeah, that ain't ALL that's wrong - you just didn't find it...But that's okay - the deal on the new one is I cover the repair costs and they give me "X" for the truck......
    So - now I've got to wait about a week while they spray the inside of the service body with liner, then install the Tommy Lift. Hopefully, that'll put an end to the "down time". We had 7 softeners to install this week - we're getting it done, but doing it out of the bed of the half-ton truck I have as a back-up is rough on the back - and a real PITA for sorting through tools, etc.
    Texas SOT

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There is nothing worse than electrical problems on a vehicle. There are so many circuits, connectors, and computer chips that you can chase a single problem around and around. I had a GMC that suffered from power surges. It was a known problem, but GMC dealt with it by making stupid patches. Like the daylight running lights would burn out after very little service time, so they moved to a heavier duty bulb. But the bulb would get extremely hot and cook the sockets into charcoal. No one makes an LED for that model because the surges fry the circuits. The instrument cluster failed 3 times. One of the power windows failed 4 times, even though the motor itself was fine. I had a lot of miles on it, before young girl ran a red light and totaled it out. I was pissed at the time, but it turned out well as the next truck performed without such nonsense.

7 softeners! Thought you were gonna back out of that business!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    7 softeners! Thought you were gonna back out of that business!

I did on the commercial/industrial side. The residential side is booming, though. As our name gets out more, we're doing ever more - the idea was something to keep me out of trouble. It's ballooned into something interesting to leave my oldest son to take over when I'm really done. Lots of folks out there will sell crap equipment - but they won't service it. Folks are finding out we DO service what we sell - and even equipment we didn't sell if it's possible.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Little update... I put the brakes on any new guns until I get the new truck paid for (other than our support for our local FNRA event), and looks like that'll happen by the 2nd week of June at the latest. Kinda sucked - I've watched a LOT of sweet .45's I'd have loved to add to my collection in the past 6 months get snagged by others, but it'll be worth it to have the truck paid off quickly. Guess that's the silver lining to the pandemic - we haven't been tempted to take off out west like we usually do each fall, but I have I feeling I'm gonna pay for it THIS fall.<G>

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You'll see alot of those come back on the market at lower prices if things would ever settle down.

Top Bottom