• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Finally went out and stripped my bike down to see how bad the damage was...The tail fairing is a gonner.
    The belly pan is fine, and the mid fairings are.....usable.

The upper - toast. And unfortunately both of the brakets that hold the headlights are broken.

So it's decision time.

I can either pickup stuff off ebay and other sources or buy some race body work. I doubt I'll ride this bike on the straight anymore so headlights are not an issue.

Here is where I'm starting from:
    5231599327_41b1e73223_d.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'll be out for a few of the LoneStar days. I'm a member at ECR so if you ever want to take a turn or two hit me up and you can ride as my guest.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Man those of yall that are tracking your bikes either have giant balls or a death wish.

I worked at TWS while I was in college and only worked one bike race in 4 years, after having to roll EVs 4 times in the morning seasions I didnt ever want to work one again.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Man those of yall that are tracking your bikes either have giant balls or a death wish.

I worked at TWS while I was in college and only worked one bike race in 4 years, after having to roll EVs 4 times in the morning seasions I didnt ever want to work one again.
    It's like anything else. There is risk, but you mitigate it with good equipment, training and a level headed approach.

Tweek, whatcha gonna do with it?

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Me working w/ Ty on a RS day (only way I would pay for RideSmart). I'll probably do a few private sessions next year to get me back on course, planning to do the first one in March if all goes well.

As for what am I going to do: Fix it. I've already got a few leads on parts. IT looks like I might just get some 'lightly' used street stuff to put it back together. I'm not worried about pretty, I know I'll be gravity's bitch again so why waste the money & effort?

Thing is....I'm sorta wanting to ride on the street again too.......I really miss riding. Guns are fun and all but they lack that connection. There is nothing like cruising through a corner w/ your knee skimming the ground feeling the cornering force pushing you in to the bike even harder. Trying to take off just another .1 of a second this lap. Trying to keep a rider who you know is faster in sight for just another second. I've not found anything to replace it. If God made a better drug he kept it for himself.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a street bike that I rarely ride anymore. I don't put my knee down on the street at all; waaaayyyyy too many variables. That's why I track it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That was more my point, there is nothing level headed about wanting to ride a bike to its limit :-)

Eh? I applaud these guys for taking it to the track. Too many idiots think the street is their track, giving all of us sportbike riders a bad name.

It takes huge cojones to push it to the limit on the track, and it's where real riders prove what they've got...

Cheers! M2

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    SARR - bring that puppy up here and give it a swing around ECR w/ me. It's like crack. Me and my friends will have you jonesing for your next hit by the end of the day. Between the bike and the guns you'll be in debt up to your eyeballs and lovin every minute of it.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a safe full of guns, 3 track bikes along with 2 street bikes. Believe me, I know about debt and jonesing for the track. I have done 50 or so track days in the last 4 years. I'll hit ECR in '11. We'll PM and run a few laps together at the track.

Top Bottom