• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • student88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Hi everyone my name is George i'm a student at Old Westbury in New York, the reason I joined the forum is because I'm currently working on a project that has to do with women gun ownership. Basically I have to survey women who purchased their first firearm between 2005-2013. Just to clarify the survey has no political agenda, I myself am against gun control and believe all law abiding citizens should have the right to bear arms. I hope you guys give me a chance even though i'm from New York which is an anti-gun state. Anyway i'm looking forward to hopfully interacting with some of you, I'm going to post the survey in the Women's section of the forum.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I believe you should interview people in person. You have no way of knowing if someone on the internet actually meets your criteria.

But, welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here, and a wealth of information.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Sorry but I never believe any of these "school projects" to be true.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    i saw this earlier, and the OP had 2 posts. I checked the other post, and he was asking for a lot of personal info. Guess the mods deleted that post, cause he's back down to 1 post

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If this is true, you're likely in violation of your school research rules, as most surveys for research require Institutional Review Board review and notification to participants of research details, etc. If you're going to SUNY, here's a snippet from SUNY Potsdam:

Federal, state and university regulations require Institutional Review Board (IRB) review prior to conducting research involving human subjects. These regulations pertain to any research conducted by anyone affiliated with this university regardless of where the activity occurs.

What is research?
    This includes but is not limited to:

• Research using survey and interview procedures

student88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    I have a consent form which all participants would have to digitally sign before I can use their info, your absolutely correct in pointing that out. I didn't want cause any trouble guys I'm just trying to get an assignment done. Eveyrone obviously doesn't have to participate if they don't want to, if I came up as suspicious or disrespectful in anyway then I apologize.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Just wrong (but admittedly funny). While I agree that many of these posts are somewhat skeptical, we could be giving a legit person a bad impression of us all. Ignore him, help him or be on your way.

Now, to the OP

You can obviously see the scrutiny you have gone through already. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, what is the purpose of this subject (maybe give a few examples of the questions you are asking), and why are you looking to an online forum of members mostly consisted of Texas residents 2000 miles away?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Welcome, George. Giving the participants your professor's contact info would probably go a long way.

Also, all women in Texas have beards, manly-sounding names, and ride motorcycles. Just a heads up.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    ... maybe give a few examples of the questions you are asking), and why are you looking to an online forum of members mostly consisted of Texas residents 2000 miles away?

Whoddathunkit, a scarcity of women who have purchased firearms within his specified time frame in NY, so ya gotta go to Texas??

Wonder what he/she did to cause a liberal professor to be mean enough to give him that assignment? ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just wrong (but admittedly funny). While I agree that many of these posts are somewhat skeptical, we could be giving a legit person a bad impression of us all. Ignore him, help him or be on your way.

You may well be right, problem is we don't know. What we do know is the antis troll in droves. It is what it is ....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    And....no replies by the OP since posting this thread, so I think we can consider this one done as well!

I was going to tell him that TRN qualifies for his poll! :D

Top Bottom