• ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Hey, I resemble that.

Give me a RGB launcher when cars with arena sized sound systems drive up next to me.
    Try the German Armbrust - you can fire it from inside a building or other small confined space because there is limited back blast (only .8 meters). And it is no louder than a pistol shot.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    I don’t like them either but can’t be too mad. Back in the early 90’s I was the guy with the big stereo system in the full size Jimmy. Also had a friend with a 70’s Monte Carlo with straight side pipes that was loud! Dang that thing sounded great….

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was looking at some full sized trucks a few years back. I found a real clean, nice used truck. Popped the hood and it was a V6. The salesman argued about it being great on gas. I just couldn't.
    Smart man. I have a 2002 F150 with the base V6. Gas mileage is as bad as anything I've ever owned. I've gotten as low as 12 mpg while carrying/towing absolutely nothing. That's about the same as the 1970 Caddy I had as a kid.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    You know what’s annoying? Old people that forgot what it was like to be young.

It’s a weird dichotomy. Old folks shit on the youth, because they were so damn perfect at that age.
    Different game in a totally different generation. We did goofy and daring things Not stupid asshole things. If you weren't there you really don't know. Yeah kids are kids but one thing they aren't is the same.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    Different game in a totally different generation. We did goofy and daring things Not stupid asshole things. If you weren't there you really don't know. Yeah kids are kids but one thing they aren't is the same.
    Yep. We made performance cars loud. We didn't make loud cars with zero performance. Not the same thing at all. And the idea that we've "forgotten" because we criticize dumb stuff that's happening today is just a dumb false assumption.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bullshit. Everybody does stupid asshole things in their youth.
    I still do. There are times I'll look back on a decision I made 6mo or a year ago and think to myself "wth were you thinking"

Life is linear in my eyes. I strive to grow and be better. If there is ever a time I stop with my progressive personal grow, please take me out to pasture with the big iron on your hip.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. We made performance cars loud. We didn't make loud cars with zero performance. Not the same thing at all. And the idea that we've "forgotten" because we criticize dumb stuff that's happening today is just a dumb false assumption.
    Yes... but you do realize the numbers these cars are putting out these days?

I don't know your age... but, say when you were a teenager.... they released a muscle car with 310hp.

I'm 41 this month. When I ran around on the streets, if you had a LS1... you were fast and got lots of split tail. Never mind if you cammed up with headers. Full blown tubbed out race cars would come out and pound chest with claims of making 700hp. That's a joke nowadays.

These kids are doing what they can with the money they got and are happy to be making 310hp with their 4bangers.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I did stupid things in my youth, like I was going to get a prize for the most stupid things a person could survive. If they had a Hall of Fame for stupid things I would have been on the wall in 68 through 73. I don't intentionally do seriously stupid things currently, but only because 1. it's expensive, 2. it takes longer to heal. 3. I have done most of them already

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom