• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sometimes bitching can be quite cathartic!

It's also a good hobby.

Inexpensive and relieving.

So, quit picking on the new guy who comes up with a lot of different and interesting ideas...unlike most of us, who glom onto someone's thread, but never come up with an interesting thread themsleves...godammit!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    So I can run 12k RPM and not make the piston speed any higher than at 3k? :p
    A short stroke f1 engine probably has the same piston speed at 12k that or longer stroke normal motors have at 5. An f1 engine has 1.55 inches of stroke compared to a 350 with 3.5 inches. 12krpm and 5200rpms have the same piston speed respectively.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    A short stroke f1 engine probably has the same piston speed at 12k that or longer stroke normal motors have at 5. An f1 engine has 1.55 inches of stroke compared to a 350 with 3.5 inches. 12krpm and 5200rpms have the same piston speed respectively.
    Shorter stroke, and lighter weight piston and internals allow higher redline by lowering piston speeds and increasing the allowable ultimate piston speeds.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    V8 wannabes with questionable sexual orientation.:whip:
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Why all the urban dictionary links? That’s not a forum feature. They don’t even make sense given what you’ve written.

Last edited:

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    6o4syt.jpg

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Your senseless ramblings have nothing to do with my post.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    So I can run 12k RPM and not make the piston speed any higher than at 3k? :p

That's an exaggeration. It depends on the stroke, more accurately stroke to rod length ratio.

The OP doesn't have a point really. This all dates back to the mid-70's when the fed required lower compression, smog equipment, single catalyzed exhaust, etc. The problems started in 1971 but by 1973 almost all power was cut in half. By 1976 things were bleak and it took decades to overcome from an OEM standpoint. People still made their cars make stupid sounding noises.

The worst? It's a V8 actually. Ever heard a 5.0 Coyote with straight pipes at 8K? There's a guy that works at the Ferrari restoration shop across the street that has one with a manual transmission and he tries to make our ears bleed daily. Second place is the late 2000's front wheel drive Impala SS a co-worker has...also a V8 with straight pipes. I couldn't drive it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom