stupid people bother me?

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by hkusp1, Oct 18, 2009.

1. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i was just at an old buddies house and we got on the topic of getting his CHL. he started asking me about requirements because he has had some issues in the past then his wife popped in and started running her mouth, him and his wife work at the same place and apparently somebody they work with is a CHL instructor well she starts talking (shudder) and says " a guy at work does a CHL class and told me he would fill out the paper work for me and i wont have to take the class or qualify or anything", my jaw dropped to the floor. i was in sheer amazement over the sheer stupidity of what i had just heard and told no thats not how it works that is a sure way to end up in alot of trouble really quick. what the hell is wrong with people?

2. Mark 23

Mark 23 New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    san antonio
    some people are just looking for an easy way to make a buck , and some people just don't have a clue.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That is not "stupid" it is criminal.

4. DoubleActionCHL

DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Both criminal AND stupid, in my opinion. Guys like this really mess things up for the instructors who play by the rules and try to live up to our responsibilities. I'd like to see this guy reported to DPS, investigated and, if he's really doing this, stripped of his certification and prosecuted.

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    +1

6. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    The consequences of such a practice for the instructor or his students defy the logic of making an offer like this….scary

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think y'all are right criminal and stupid. The instructor should be reported. And the fact that she is happy about this is the scary part.
    "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." - unknown

8. Charley

Charley Active Member

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    The criminal part is the falsifying of records and ignoring the processes the legislature set in place for DPS to enforce.
    The stupid part is for the civil liability he accepts when one of his unknowing "students" gets in a jam and does something stupid. Not only will he possibly do prison time for the criminal part, he will loose EVERYTHING he has every owned, or ever WANTED to own when he looses the huge civil suit brought against him.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Falsifying state documents is not a good thing for her, the "instructor", and for maintaining our CHL option in Texas. This kind of thing would be political napalm for the anti-gunners, and in my opinion is morally wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as to report the "instructor" as people have a way of talking out of their ass. If the "instructor" followed through, I would hang their ass out to dry. That's not right.

10. Seabear1500

Seabear1500 Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I hope he gets his butt busted. It happens here too, I'm tired of people asking me why my class is so long. Let me rephrase that, people who don't sign up ask me that, my students understand once they see how much there is to learn. This type of thing is bad for instructors as well as CHL holders.