• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i was just at an old buddies house and we got on the topic of getting his CHL. he started asking me about requirements because he has had some issues in the past then his wife popped in and started running her mouth, him and his wife work at the same place and apparently somebody they work with is a CHL instructor well she starts talking (shudder) and says " a guy at work does a CHL class and told me he would fill out the paper work for me and i wont have to take the class or qualify or anything", my jaw dropped to the floor. i was in sheer amazement over the sheer stupidity of what i had just heard and told no thats not how it works that is a sure way to end up in alot of trouble really quick. what the hell is wrong with people?
    Lynx Defense

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    i was just at an old buddies house and we got on the topic of getting his CHL. he started asking me about requirements because he has had some issues in the past then his wife popped in and started running her mouth, him and his wife work at the same place and apparently somebody they work with is a CHL instructor well she starts talking (shudder) and says " a guy at work does a CHL class and told me he would fill out the paper work for me and i wont have to take the class or qualify or anything", my jaw dropped to the floor. i was in sheer amazement over the sheer stupidity of what i had just heard and told no thats not how it works that is a sure way to end up in alot of trouble really quick. what the hell is wrong with people?

That is not "stupid" it is criminal.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Both criminal AND stupid, in my opinion. Guys like this really mess things up for the instructors who play by the rules and try to live up to our responsibilities. I'd like to see this guy reported to DPS, investigated and, if he's really doing this, stripped of his certification and prosecuted.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Both criminal AND stupid, in my opinion. Guys like this really mess things up for the instructors who play by the rules and try to live up to our responsibilities. I'd like to see this guy reported to DPS, investigated and, if he's really doing this, stripped of his certification and prosecuted.
    +1

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I think y'all are right criminal and stupid. The instructor should be reported. And the fact that she is happy about this is the scary part.
    "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." - unknown

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    The criminal part is the falsifying of records and ignoring the processes the legislature set in place for DPS to enforce.
    The stupid part is for the civil liability he accepts when one of his unknowing "students" gets in a jam and does something stupid. Not only will he possibly do prison time for the criminal part, he will loose EVERYTHING he has every owned, or ever WANTED to own when he looses the huge civil suit brought against him.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Falsifying state documents is not a good thing for her, the "instructor", and for maintaining our CHL option in Texas. This kind of thing would be political napalm for the anti-gunners, and in my opinion is morally wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as to report the "instructor" as people have a way of talking out of their ass. If the "instructor" followed through, I would hang their ass out to dry. That's not right.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I hope he gets his butt busted. It happens here too, I'm tired of people asking me why my class is so long. Let me rephrase that, people who don't sign up ask me that, my students understand once they see how much there is to learn. This type of thing is bad for instructors as well as CHL holders.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I doubt it, it's more common than you think. I can't even count the number of times people have offered me money to do the same thing.:confused:
    Happens on a regular basis... Oh, you are an instructor? Hey could I just pay you $XXX instead of taking the class?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    Yes, talked to a guy the other day who knows of an instructor who passed someone who couldn't hit the target. I told him to stay the hell away from that instructor. I cringed when he told me the story and he immediately sensed my disapproval. There is more than one out there who can't hit the side of a barn with a CHL and have a false sense of security now, that worries me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom