• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The bill for what I had ordered was $44 dollars but they still refused to take the $50. Had I not gotten the smirkish grin from the clerk dude I wouldn't have really cared. I get the part about not having enough change and other people cleaning them out of $1 bills but that's business. I've worked retail, I get it.

For this store I might just help them out and bring quarters in to pay with to make absolutely sure they get through their rigorous day supplied with change. :)

They're a sandwich fartists. It's not a higher level job... Lol.
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thank the counterfeit dudes.
    Long story short, we gave the Shah of Iran the presses, procedures, and other tech to print money. What we gave him was identical to what was in use in the U.S. The Shah got overthrown. All that tech was sold to North Korea. North Korea proceeded to make perfect counterfeit $100 bills by the boatload. Outside the U.S., not that long ago, absolutely no one would accept a USD$100 bill for anything. The majority in circulation in the rest of the world (Yes, the majority!) were counterfeit.

In light of that, I've never had a problem with people not taking $100 bills.

The last couple of changes to the $100 bill, however, made that excuse less reasonable. When the newest bills are in full circulation, the counterfeiting argument should be dead.

Now, the "cash on hand to make change" problem will still stand. When people are jerks about that, I just hand 'em a stack of $2 bills. I usually carry ~$200 in $2s on me, just for fun.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Gee on mine it says something like, legal tender for all debts public or private, think I would have let them eat the sandwiches.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Paying for gas several years ago with $100 bill.
    Guy in front handed the clerk a $20 and she used the magic pen on it.
    When she gave me change, it had two $20 bills and I asked to borrow her pen to check and see if they were real.

She seemed genuinely offended.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Private seller is not required to accept denomination you present.

And so I would let them eat the sandwiches, I mean come on, they have a sign at the register opposite from the end you order from? Better have a damn big sign on the door at eye level IMO if you are not accepting folding money. And considering that $20 now a days doesn't buy you much, a $50 bill is the new twenty for all practical purposes.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    What rock have y'all been under? Most fast food places have not accepted anything over a $20 in a decade.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Paying for gas several years ago with $100 bill.
    Guy in front handed the clerk a $20 and she used the magic pen on it.
    When she gave me change, it had two $20 bills and I asked to borrow her pen to check and see if they were real.

She seemed genuinely offended.

There is this great burger joint here in town, and they have this dance pants uv light To Check bills.

When they first got it, they handed me back my change and I made em put it under the light. But I wasn't being a smart aleck. Just wanted to play with their new toy.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Try to troll back a little. If they swipe my bill with a marker, after it goes in the register I usually mutter "It worked!" under my breath. The reactions are occasionally hilarious.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    What rock have y'all been under? Most fast food places have not accepted anything over a $20 in a decade.

OK, you got me, I admit that I haven't been to a fast food place in over a decade, you couldn't force me to eat at one then and sure as hell not now, besides the closest one is over 60 miles away so slipping out for a quick burger just doesn't happen here... Yes under a rock with my tin foil hat on and liking it :green:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    And so I would let them eat the sandwiches, I mean come on, they have a sign at the register opposite from the end you order from? Better have a damn big sign on the door at eye level IMO if you are not accepting folding money. And considering that $20 now a days doesn't buy you much, a $50 bill is the new twenty for all practical purposes.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong person, my previous was a general comment ;)

And I agree with this quote 100%. Much like the anemic 9mm, Twenties are hardly worth carrying anymore O.o

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Try to troll back a little. If they swipe my bill with a marker, after it goes in the register I usually mutter "It worked!" under my breath. The reactions are occasionally hilarious.

:laughing:

About a year ago at Petco I handed the young woman clerk a $100 bill to pay for dog food. The two bags cost more than $75 so ease up dog pilers. She proceeded to look at me weird and kept messing with the bill. Flipping it, turning it, holding it up to the light all while there are more and more customers lining up behind us. This chick is slow (possibly a learning disability?) and starts to look around for the manager. When she does this I said to her "Be careful not to smudge the ink!" ...... and she then stares at me for an awkward amount of time. lol. So finally dumpy the manager shows up and he too starts flipping, turning, rubbing, holding it up to the light. One guy a few customers back starts to bitch and telling the to quit dicking around and hurry up. haha I snickered. I finally tell the guy that if I was able to print those I would not be at Petco but rather the Mercedes dealership.

He finally let me go and I have never been back to that store.

I am curious as to how many sales are lost to inept employees and bullshit currency rules that businesses have these days?

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I paid with a New $100 yesterday.

I used a new hundred the other day as well (not at Subway). Clerk took one look, said "What the heck is that?" I replied "That's the new 100 dollar bill that supposedly no one can counterfeit." Clerk responds "Oh....okay." Gave me change and I was on my way. I actually was expecting her to call a manager.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Lol

You find another shop to fill the sandwich 'niche? We've taken to 'Wich Wich. And also hit up the local pizza shops to try out their subs. Some of their stuff is not bad.

We have a great sandwich shop in Ingram (West of here out toward Hunt on the river) that makes pastries, lots of different coffee stuff better than Starbucks, etc., and all kinds of special sandwiches as in Rubens, chicken salad, etc. And it's not expensive. It's on the way to where I used to work and near a friend's place so I'm in there quite often It's called "Spirit Wind Java" (funky name but great food!).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom