• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCanadianOne

Before anything.....Coffee first!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    I've narrowed it down to these two scopes as they meet what I'm looking for. Have utilized PA beforehand and wasn't disappointed but I find the Arken intriguing. For those that have used either, what has been your experience with them?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    A good friend of mine bought an Arken 4-16, then he bought a 6-24, then he bought another 6-24. He likes them for his purposes. I don’t have an Arken…yet. I have been looking at the 4-16 with vhr reticle…

TheCanadianOne

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    A good friend of mine bought an Arken 4-16, then he bought a 6-24, then he bought another 6-24. He likes them for his purposes. I don’t have an Arken…yet. I have been looking at the 4-16 with vhr reticle…
    I initially had the PA 4-16x44mm ARC-2 MOA scope but for some reason it didn't quite sit well with me like their ACSS DMR scopes. The way I'm seeing it is either I can get the Arken 4-16 in addition to a rangefinder or some rangefinding binoculars or get the PA 3-18 with the included rangefinding features of the reticle and disregard getting a rangefinder.

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    Hmmm, sounds like for your application, the PA is the way to go…. The PA and Arken are priced comparably. I like that the PA has a greater magnification range..
    For my application, the Arken vhr reticle is the choice…

TheCanadianOne

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    Hmmm, sounds like for your application, the PA is the way to go…. The PA and Arken are priced comparably. I like that the PA has a greater magnification range..
    For my application, the Arken vhr reticle is the choice…
    I forgot to mention that I plan for my project build to be primarily a range gun with the potential for a whitetail hunt in the future. Although the PA would be around 6oz more, I don't feel it would be that much of a difference if I'm omitting a seperate rangefinder.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I have zero gripes with either of my arkens for the money invested but I have to ask...why the lightweight option for the intended purposes?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TheCanadianOne

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    I have zero gripes with either of my arkens for the money invested but I have to ask...why the lightweight option for the intended purposes?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    It was more just a note of mention beyond the type of reticle and variable power of the scope itself. I don't consider it a deal breaker at all.

Top Bottom