• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgon281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    Our Mayor was robbed at gun point in his own drive way ... Go figure . It can happen to anyone at any time . My brother, who was in the process of getting his cc licence ,was attacked 2 weeks ago at a gas station . He did not have a gun on him at the time . My brother had sent his payment for the licsense via money order to Austin and someone in the office was making off with all the money orders ... he had to go threw the whole damn process all over again! A 9 month delay !!!!! My bro would have had his licence and gun at the time if his money was not stolen by some one in the dept. . He beat the living crap out of the guy but it could have been a worse situation . My brother had to fight the guy and the guys girlfriend ... I felt a rage so strong that I wanted to go looking for that guy myself afterwards ! Help me god that I don't ever have to kill a being but in this case that guy would have been taking a dirt nap !

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Sad...

We feel your rage but it's just a sign of the times.

One thing about it though, living in Texas, and thanks to Rick Perry and the TSRA, it's now legal to have a gun in your vehicle even though you don't have a CCW permit. Recall this was passed a few years ago and the dirtbag in Houston refused to allow it. Last year they passed the law that spells it out for the benefit of the Houston guy.

I personally I wouldn't drive two blocks to the neighborhood 7/11 without being armed with my CCW. Hopefully will never need it but you know the old saying.

Funny, when you mentioned a gas station, I recall some years ago a guy who was a traveling installer for the company I worked for, had this episode. He had an elaborate tool trailer setup. Tools, equipment, generator, compressor, could do just about anything with it. Was in San Antonio gassing up, when he finished he started it up (Diesel), ran back to make sure he secured the back latch, a guy ran up, jumped in, and drove off with it. They found it a few days later, stripped naturally. From then on he carried a small pistol.

Be thankful you are in Texas and not some liberal anti-gun hell hole.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Regardless of where you live, where you work or where you ARE > you need to be aware of your surroundings. Situational awareness is your best defense. Concealed carry is also part of the plan but anyone and everyone is always at risk sometime.

Just watch Gangland on the History Channel ~ if that doesn't scare the begezzus out of you to be careful ~ nothing will.

That being said ~ put yourself in a place (neighborhood) where statistically crime is less. When I moved into my 'hood' in Alief it was not bad > much worse now. My wife and I plan on moving (to an area with less crime) but in the interim we just have to be aware .... same thing goes after we move.

Common Sense.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Funny, when you mentioned a gas station, I recall some years ago a guy who was a traveling installer for the company I worked for, had this episode. He had an elaborate tool trailer setup. Tools, equipment, generator, compressor, could do just about anything with it. Was in San Antonio gassing up, when he finished he started it up (Diesel), ran back to make sure he secured the back latch, a guy ran up, jumped in, and drove off with it. They found it a few days later, stripped naturally. From then on he carried a small pistol.

This is what I mean by 'situational awareness'. I take it the keys were in the truck, maybe running? Be aware and don't make opportunities like this available. Gas stations > always make my Spydie Sense tingle anyway. Gas stations are a perfect opportunity for problems like this. Maybe keep your keys in the car, truck or watch for people in the area who approach. Just sayin'. .02

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom