• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I think that it would be a good idea if the guns for Sale section were split into location based sub-sections. It would make it alot easier to find guns for sale in your area instead of having to search every listing just to get disappointed when you see one you like and its clear across the state.
    DK Firearms

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I like that idea. It would make it a heck of a lot easier, every time I see a gun or accessory I have to have then see it's way out some where I die a little inside.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    At least maybe a rule requiring everyone to put the location in the title.

Yep yep. And if they don't put the location, DELETE the thread.

Especially those who's location says something like Twilight Zone. Come on, which PART of the Twilight Zone London. ;-)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Wonder if there is a way built into the forum to require an entry in a separate field for subsections of the forum, like the classifieds.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think we're probably going to end up revamping the rules for the classifieds in general, and getting a lot more strict on everyone with things like listing the location in the title, not making useless chatter on people's sale threads, etc. Splitting the for sale section into major cities/regions is a good idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't work well and would make things less effective. We're already dealing with a few too many different sections of the forum. Adding more sections and subsections makes it less likely for some of those sections to get hardly any traffic.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agree with location in title - disagree with the segmenting. While it IS a bummer to realize that a toy you'd like is 600 miles away, it also helps those that might be willing to consider shipping if the locals ain't interested - and the odds of seein' an ad from an obscure area are small when they're segregated.
    Actually, I'd like to see folks be required to put their general geographical area in their general info - because often I'll see someone with a problem that could be fixed w/a 10-minute visit, but can't figure out where they're located, and decide that if they wanna be that secretive they don't need my help.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't understand why you guys don't want the useless chatter in the classifieds. I find it a good way to keep the interesting ads up at the top. Plus, I am a big fan of the useless chatter. That is why I like the forum so much in general.

If you really want to stop it, maybe let each classified ad only be open to the OP (and mods ofcourse). Not like a closed thread or something, just no one can post but the OP. Force everyone to use PMs instead of throwing up trade offers in the thread.

I like the location in the title. That is a good rule, but we can't edit titles so the mods would have more workload adding them if the OP missed it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I don't mind the chatter - I DO hate the public offers. Have a LITTLE class, folks!! If you're gonna offer less than the askin' price, then have the style to do so privately!!!!!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't understand why you guys don't want the useless chatter in the classifieds. I find it a good way to keep the interesting ads up at the top. Plus, I am a big fan of the useless chatter. That is why I like the forum so much in general.
    +1... The useless banter is the #1 reason I'm here. It's entertaining and doesn't really hurt anything. Ok sometimes it hurts some feelings, but I'd rather there be a "no crying" rule.

Top Bottom