• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    Great thread, I'm in the same boat, but mine is 7 and I'm looking for the first rifle (I've been looking at the Crickets as well). She tried to shoot my 10/22, but it was just too big and heavy for her.

On the NEOS vs. P22 front, I think you made the right choice. I love my NEOS, but even with just the 4" barrel, the thing is heavy. I've been eyeing the P22's for a while because I think they are nice and lightweight. If you haven’t already, you may want to head over to rimfirecentral.com and look at the Walther section. They have good info for stuff you should do to the P22 to make it a nice reliable shooter.
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48
    Texas SOT

Ruger74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Splendora,Texas
    I ended up buying a Walther P-22 for the oldest. It was used but it still looks good. That was the one she liked best. My youngest got a Marlin 795. I cleaned up my Marlin model 60, put a new scope on it and put some williams day glo sights on it for back ups. I already had the fluted charging handle on it and am planning on buying the metal trigger guard soon for rimfire technologies. I got Christmas shopping done early so now I can buy parts for my toys.

The P-22 is a fine .22 auto pistol! I purchased one at the Academy last week and shot the heck out of it. Highly recommend it!!

Top Bottom