• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Tyler
    Use a controlled expansion bullet designed for deer.
    Sure the match bullet works just as well for broadside lung shots,
    but hunting is one of those things were circumstance can manipulate your entire day.
    Things happen when you're hunting that can't be anticipated. Your buddy wounds a deer and you have to take a running shot at it's rear end, or you think you have a clean shot, but you don't see that quarter inch limb hanging two feet in front of the deer.
    For the former case a soft point hunting bullet may travel into the
    vitals despite the poor shot placement, where that match bullet will
    just destroy a hindquarter and stop, depends on caliber, range, etc.
    For the latter, that unseen limb turned a lung shot into a crap shoot, no telling where the bullet will impact, would you rather have a solid projectile hitting the deer or little pieces of match bullet hitting in a shotgun pattern and penetrating halfway, no
    exit wound, no blood trail, wounded deer that will die in 2 days.

Using a hunting bullet is sorta like having a spare tire or a tool box in your truck, it just nudges you towards success when things
    go wrong.
    ARJ Defense ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I use Winchester power points 150gr in my 30-06. I don't think I've ever killed anything with my 30-06. But I used 150gr PP's in my 30-30 and the two deer and the hogs I shot with them didn't go anywhere. I shot one in the neck with open sights at abot 75 yds and the other with the same rifle at about 30 yds and the two pigs were at 100 and 55-60. Go with the ones you're already shooting like you said they have proven themselves already. ood luck deer hunttin.

Top Bottom