• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Been working on improving the music sound quality on my Street glide. Just finished installing an alpine amp (forget what model but its 4 channel) and focal 6.5 inch full range speakers. It sounds a world better lots of depth and clarity than the rockford fossgate 5 inch that were in there and blown and a hell of a lot louder, I can actually hear it going down the highway. My deal is now the jvc head unit that the previous owner put in is very low end with only 1.5 volt preamps. I want a media receiver (no cd player) with at least 4v preamp outputs and front and rear and sub. eventually I will add 2 more speakers for the rears right now it only has the 2 front speakers in the batwing faring. any suggestions on what is good now a days? I have been out of the loop in what is good today.
    Hurley's Gold

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Kenwood has been a strong unit for a decent price. My 87 Corvette had one and it was solid, see no reason why it wouldn't work on a bike.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ussoldier1984,

Fwiw, amazon.com just yesterday had some NEW but discontinued ALPINE car stereos for sale at below half of MSRP, so you may want to do a "look-see" over there. = I've had GOOD luck with the 2 Alpines that are in my PU & the 94 MB.

yours, satx

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Been working on improving the music sound quality on my Street glide. Just finished installing an alpine amp (forget what model but its 4 channel) and focal 6.5 inch full range speakers. It sounds a world better lots of depth and clarity than the rockford fossgate 5 inch that were in there and blown and a hell of a lot louder, I can actually hear it going down the highway. My deal is now the jvc head unit that the previous owner put in is very low end with only 1.5 volt preamps. I want a media receiver (no cd player) with at least 4v preamp outputs and front and rear and sub. eventually I will add 2 more speakers for the rears right now it only has the 2 front speakers in the batwing faring. any suggestions on what is good now a days? I have been out of the loop in what is good today.

Try this out www.crutchfield.com

You can even narrow it by the Harley Streetglide and preout voltage. I've used crutchfield many times in the past.

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom