Join TexasGunTalk

Suicide at Mission Ridge Range in San Antonio

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by tinplas, Dec 4, 2019.

1. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    That's so true.

2. Texan-in-Training

Texan-in-Training Well-Known

Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Several years ago a good friend's son took his own life while serving in Iraq. Since I knew the young man, I just never could wrap my head around how he could become so despondent.

Fast forward some years later and my daughter was feeling depressed, saw a doctor who promptly put her on anti-depressants. Now I'm researching this stuff and finding out all the horrible facts about the crap and especially about young people that suddenly stop taking it. Being financially strapped, she couldn't afford to visit the doctor so her refills would be approved, she was looking at having to stop "cold turkey". Fortunately, she had the sense to "taper off" gradually, having anticipated what was coming and managed to stay alright.
    I don't know if my friend's son had been prescribed anti-depressants while in Iraq, I have no idea whether the military's policy at the time was as cavalier as a lot of civilian doctors.

When some kid shoots his classmates, it's publicized forever and lot's of times we find out about depression and medication. When someone commits suicide, the news story disappears as fast as it appears and we really never know if anti-depressants were a big part of the tragedy.

Sorry for being so long winded.

Dancing Heretik and Dad_Roman like this.
  3. twain55

twain55 Texan

Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    “Person killed in shooting at gun range” is the headline by the local liberal media. WAY different than the fact. “Suicide at local gun range.”

Smh

F’ them.

4. SlimJim

SlimJim Member

Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Will the member who has never had to deal with a suicide please make yourself known.

We practice law and medicine for a reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Present.

6. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Lucky dawg.

SlimJim and toddnjoyce like this.
  7. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Define "deal with".
    I have personally known several that have have. Other than I won't be able to enjoy their company anymore, or to wonder how they could be that vindictive or weak, they have not made any noticable difference in my life.
    I remember enough about childhood to at least somewhat understand how kids can feel that helpless and hopeless, but not adults.
    Enough said about my personal thoughts on suicide. They would just start a bigger fight.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    giphy.gif

SlimJim, SQLGeek and ZX9RCAM like this.
  9. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I got a better style story for you.......think I may ave posted it here once before.

Friend of a friend.....lost his wife....lost his business......IRS into him for about $40 K......he decides to liquidate most of his assets, but gets a couple of new credit cards......rents a car.....comes to stay with my buddy (his high school friend)....buys a few guns, some musical instruments, a big screen tv..........goes to iFly a few times. Tells my buddy he is gonna road trip it up to Yosemite for the weekend..........He hikes to the top of Half-dome and jumps off without a BASE rig. Turns out......he went to iFly to learn how to track.....a few climbers on the face figured it was just an illegal base jump......NOPE......he tracked onto the meadow 3500 ft. below and left a red streak.

THAT is going out in style. The coyotes and bears just clean up whats left.

SlimJim likes this.
  10. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    lol........incel

studenygreg likes this.