• ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Don't be a cry baby

It was kind of inappropriate to make light of a suicide or attempted suicide. No where did who cleaned up what come in to the discussion; probably because it's not only irrelevant but tacky. If because of your "old neighborhood" story you found some morbid humor, that's one thing. But no one knows about your "old neighborhood" story so humor was amiss.

That's why I asked.

Dude, wipe your tears. People who hurt and kill themselves don't really deserve alot of sympathy. I suppose your one of the people sympathizing for the bad guys when they get harmed or killed in the act. The only people that deserve any sympathy are the owners and operators of the range. Your always preachin to everyone about the free market, well how about freedom of speech? If you don't like this forum and are sick of what we type then don't come here. I enjoy this forum and am open to what everyone has to say including the reasonable complaints they have. As far as I know I didn't break any forum rules. With that said, go join some cry baby Obama fan page.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    NO:banghead: link to a news article or just a hint in the right direction we will handle the rest!

More than likely it was a rental gun just like the other one. People come in, rent a gun, then go gas themselves on the range. It's absolutely selfish and I have no respect for that person. It affects not only the people in the range at the time, but the employees as well. Honestly, as RSO's there is very little we can do to stop it ... someone can turn a gun on themselves in a blink of an eye. Hell, throughout the day we have alot of children on the range... try explaining that to your 8 year old after he just saw someone repaint the ceiling with a pistol.

To my knowledge there is no article, and I hope there never will be one. I tell all the media people that call that "I haven't heard anything like that". I don't think it should be publicized, and personally ... I hate the media.

For what it's worth, we aren't supposed to talk about it for obvious reasons. Red and Karen don't read the forum to my knowledge, but the last thing I want is me or Vellcrow to be put on the spot regarding it.

For the record, the people that get to do the "clean up" are members of this forum, and the owners of the range. I think jokes are a bit off-color in that regard.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    how about freedom of speech?

What a concept. :patriot:

You asked the question and I gave you my answer. It appears you weren't prepared for the answer by the way you blew up and made it a personal thing. If you read your rant, you might get a chuckle and your day will turn around and get better. ;)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    More than likely it was a rental gun just like the other one. People come in, rent a gun, then go gas themselves on the range. It's absolutely selfish and I have no respect for that person. It affects not only the people in the range at the time, but the employees as well. Honestly, as RSO's there is very little we can do to stop it ... someone can turn a gun on themselves in a blink of an eye. Hell, throughout the day we have alot of children on the range... try explaining that to your 8 year old after he just saw someone repaint the ceiling with a pistol.
    For what it is worth I sympathize with the owners and the people who had to see it happen, Ive seen the aftermath of fatality car wrecks first hand and still there is no getting the horrid images out of you're mind once they are in. And there is no way to explain to little Timmy what happened. I am inclined to agree with an earlier statement by DCortez "The act is personal and should remain private"

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I also agree with the statement above, however the reality is that these people want attention. Maybe it's that they feel no one at home/work/etc. notices or cares about them...so they go somewhere like a range and off themselves, knowing that at a minimum, in death they will be the center of attention. Ironically, seeing how this particular suicide didn't get into the media blitz, I can only imagine this person wouldn't be to pleased.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I live in that area and read the paper every morning, didn't see anything about it ... got my first CHL there ... if true, it's sad and a crappy thing to do, to others at the range and to the staff ...

Top Bottom