Guns International

Sumbody stop me.... (or a Bobcat range report)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I knocked off work a little early today and went to thelocal public shooting range. It's a workday (even though it's a Friday) and the temp was 107F so I figured I'd have therange pretty much to myself (the guy who check me in just laughed). Yep! He was right; all kinds of shooters were there - rifles andpistols.

I took the little Bobcat over to a seven yard range lane inorder to sight in the CT Laser Grip. Andeven in full bright, sunshine the red laser dot was visible so I begin theadjustment. I had line up the laser dotwith the fixed iron sights at the house and had just been waiting to send a fewrounds down range. And naturally theydidn't agree so I made the first adjustment and fired again; after the secondadjustment, I was about there (but continued to tweak a little more... or wasit just the fun I was having shooting the little gun?). So 140 rounds later (about $5 bucksworth...don't just love .22LRs?) I decided it was too hot to continue(especially since I didn't have any drinking water with me!). Besides, my supposed main purpose (sightingin the laser at a 'self defense' range) had long since been accomplished.

Out of about 140 rounds of Federal Champion RN, I had twojams - FTE. I'm thinking that may have something to do with the gun being brand newor maybe a light loaded round in the Federal bulk ammo. In any event, I want to put a few hundredmore rounds though it and get it 'broken in' so to speak. But that little Beretta 21 is a rugged littlegun and great fun to shoot. I had acouple of guys who weren't familiar with it, ask if it was a .380. Once I got the Laser sighted in, it justwasn't any trouble to tear up the center of the target (which just made for allthe more fun on a hot day). I'm gonahate turning this over to the wife - but that's what I bought it for afterall. I just need to get her to step onup to a .380 or 9mm (so I can get the Bobcat back myself!).
    Target Sports

TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    Picked one up a few months ago. For what it is, I love it.

Mine likes the CCI Stingers, so thats what stays in the mag for
    "quickie mart" trips.

With a pocket holster it meets the requirement for always have one where you can. Whether or not you should bother with .22lr for carry should be a different thread.

Find an ammo it likes to run and stock up. Good thing is that not matter what,
    several thousand rounds will still be pretty cheap.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I bought a Bobcat just for fun a few years ago and liked it no much I bought the Tomcat (.32acp) as well. I really wish they'd make a similar gun in .380

Now you need to get a suppressor for it! Pic below isn't mine, but I think it looks sweet...
    Beretta-21A.jpg

Top Bottom