• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swoope18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    One of my co-workers today decided to get some 9mm from there and paid a whopping $19.99 for American Eagle which he bought at Academy the week before for $9.99.

It's been said before the prices there are high, and they still ARE. He was looking for convenience and he paid the price.

I picked up 1000 of 40 at MidwayUSA for a good price, however now they are out again.

Just some info.

Craig
    Lynx Defense

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    One of my co-workers today decided to get some 9mm from there and paid a whopping $19.99 for American Eagle which he bought at Academy the week before for $9.99.

It's been said before the prices there are high, and they still ARE. He was looking for convenience and he paid the price.

I picked up 1000 of 40 at MidwayUSA for a good price, however now they are out again.

Just some info.

So for convenience your co-worker paid $19.99 and waited for delivery for the same stuff he picked-up locally at Academy for $9.99. Call me stupid but where is the convenience part???

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

Just some info.

Craig

Well, the first mistake is trying to buy ammo at a gun store. IMO, that is where their largest profits come from......not the gun, but all the other stuff....including ammo.

I guess if you NEED it RIGHT now, you should be willing to pay RIGHT NOW prices. That is another reason to buy in bulk. Cheaper and, if you are wise, you won't run out.

I would rub a little dirt in the wound and say that I reload the same American Eagle .9mm for about 1/2 the Academy or 1/4 of Sun City Guns price. Naw,......that would be just wrong, so I won't do it. If I would say that.... some would say that I pay alot for ammo. Those are the people that cast their own bullets. If you did that, you could almost shoot for free.

I need to start casting bullets !

swoope18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    Let me just say what he got at Academy he shot up and needed some for the CHL class and wanted to get it fast and he paid the price.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Let me just say what he got at Academy he shot up and needed some for the CHL class and wanted to get it fast and he paid the price.

I understand. I just hate to see people thinking short term and just buying ammo and, if they thought ahead, they could shoot more and save so much money. Investing in the equipment to reload cost a little up front, but really pays off later. IMO

Torquemada

Dum Spiro Proelior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    El Paso - Republic of Texas
    I understand. I just hate to see people thinking short term and just buying ammo and, if they thought ahead, they could shoot more and save so much money. Investing in the equipment to reload cost a little up front, but really pays off later. IMO

Good advice indeed, Rich. I really do need to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and get into reloading.

spence76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    One reason Sun Cities prices are high is the owners brother buys ammo at Walmart, Academy ect, then Sells it on Consignment from the Gun Store for what ever he wants to charge. Kind of a losy way to do business in my opinion.

banditone00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    el paso
    The guy who owns it isn't too bad, but I can't go in there when his brother is around. He's an idiot. Also, in January they laid off the good sales guy, John H, when they were close to going under. John also did the chl class that they offered there, but they have some guy doing it now that I wouldn't feel safe on the range with. John is still doing CHL, but is now affiliated with El Paso Gun Exchange. If you ask in sun city, they will lie and say that they don't know where he went. He is neighbors with the owner, though.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Yes and no.

I like how reloading gives you options on exactly how to load your ammo, but frankly in 15 or so years the cost in time will far outway the cost in buying factory ammo (at least I hope I'm making decent money by then : /). I can make 100-200 rounds of ammo, which means I save $8-$16 an hour. Well worth it for your basic medical student who already has the equipment. Most good jobs make just as much or more than that.

I have the feeling that later, I'll spend less time loading and more time ordering in bulk online.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Yes and no.

I like how reloading gives you options on exactly how to load your ammo, but frankly in 15 or so years the cost in time will far outway the cost in buying factory ammo (at least I hope I'm making decent money by then : /). I can make 100-200 rounds of ammo, which means I save $8-$16 an hour. Well worth it for your basic medical student who already has the equipment. Most good jobs make just as much or more than that.

I have the feeling that later, I'll spend less time loading and more time ordering in bulk online.

Well.........thats IF you can ! Think about it, you saw what happend when the Obaminator got elected. What do you think is gonna happen when he needs to raise some cash for all of his programs ? Tax ammo ! That way he kills two birds with one stone. He raises lots of cash AND makes the libs happy, because there will be less people shooting. Can't shoot if you can't afford ammo.

Hope your new job pays well !

It also is worth mentioning that "if" they ever ban guns here in the good ole US of A, I will still be able to protect my family and shoot, while you, with all that money, will be wishing that you reloaded ammo.

You saw what happend when the GREAT ONE got elected. You could not find ANY ammo, at ANY price. Could happen again......I'm just sayin

Top Bottom