Gun Zone Deals

Sunday afternoon thoughts about OUR Government and the problems of OUR country.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    THIS TURNED OUT LONGER THAN I REALLY INTENDED, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL THINK THE DISCUSSION THAT CAN COME OUT OF IT IS WORTH READING AND THINKING ABOUT!
    Peace and God Bless!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Well dont put beer away just yet matter of fact better break out Jack ,if kagan gets in she will be screwin your life up for the rest of hers Git r don

The above quote was posted under a different thread, but I thought it would be interesting to use it and start a new thread about thoughts on "High Crimes and Misdemeanors"

After doing a quick search, it seems that a sitting Supreme Court Justice CAN be impeached just as any of our government officials can be. It's happened one time in the past. I won't bore you with the details, if you want to read about it, do a GOOGLE search for "can a supreme court judge be impeached"

While there IS presidence for impeachment and we have seen Presidents removed from office by it, it has never been successful in removing a Supreme Court Justice.

With what is going on now in our country, (and some of these things have been going on for some time now), some major changes have to be made if we are going to continue to live as free men and women. We are supposed to be able to effect most of, if not all, of the needed changes at the ballot box. Once we have people who love this country representing us again, then we can take the other steps that will be needed to take OUR Country BACK and to restore the fundemental values and believes about FREEDOM, LIBERTY, RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES it was was founded on 234 years ago.

Should this whole big mess that has been made of our country blow up, (and with what is going on around the world it very well could!) and TSHTF, it is going to be ugly beyond believe.

NONE OF US REALLY WANT THAT!​

What we DO want is OUR COUNTRY BACK. Back the way that it was laid out by our Founding Fathers, and that, if we are all honest with ourselves, we have all played some part in letting things get this bad by sticking our heads in the sand instead of taking a stand. We are seeing a group of proud Americans take that stand now with the Tea Party movment. We want to live in peace, take care of our families and our neighbors and leave something better for our kids than we had...but in order to do that, we have to take an interest and play a part in keeping our government in check.

If you would, let's think about the issues and talk about the problems as Americans. What are WE, YOU and ME, as Americans who LOVE THIS COUNTRY WITH ALL THAT IS IN US do to return it to what our Founding Fathers meant for it to be? What's the plan? I'm not talking about over throwing the government, I'm talking about exercising our rights to take back the America we were promised we could have if we worked hard and remembered the Golden Rule.

:patriot:​

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Interesting. Preaching to the choir, but still interesting.

Keep in mind that there is a much bigger problem than those oxygen-thieves in Washington: the morons that elected them. The USA has become overrun with people who think they are owed everything in life. They don't understand finance, they don't understand the Constitution, and they don't understand what liberty really is. Most amazing, as things go from bad to worse, they are MORE convinced that more government is the answer!

Sure, the gun owners who get on here tend to be pretty patriotic and believe in freedom. But the people in many parts of the country - esp. the Left Coast, the Northeast Corridor, and the old rust-belt areas (Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago) - are overwhelmingly convinced that they need the government to bail them out.

Looking at the condition of the country, the financial mess we're now in, the legislation being shoved down our throats, the Constitution being treated like it was printed on Charmin, and the masses of people willingly giving up their rights to the government and I can only draw one conclusion: It is too late to save the USA.

Potentially, we could save Texas.

I pray for that every day.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    to answer your question on what we can do now. start donating to all the candidates that are running against oh say, Harry reid, Barbara boxer, that self serving Crist jacka$$ in florida etc!! the candidates running against ALL THESE IDIOTS are good people with good conservative heads on their shoulders!! they really need alot of $$ to beat these LIBSH-T A$$WIPES!! If a few million pissed-off conservative supporters like us would just donate what ever you can afford to let go right now, these good people would have the $$ they need to win. its a good start on the right path to take back Congress and the Senate to get this country turn around!! Mark Levine, Sean Hannidy, and Bill oreillys website have most of the donating links. at least its a positive start!!

glock 50cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    conroe TX
    what if

Its good to see honest discussion for a change ,the vast majority of folks seem to think like ostriches if I keep my head in the sand long enough it will go away,wrong .But I tell you this until someone in washington has the testicular fortitude to stop injustices i.e black panthers running roughshot over voters ,the spineless congress allowing hussien to kill the free market on a whim and when and where ever he can silent the voice of all who disccent ,with his commie vision for the Greatest nation in the history of mankind little can and will be done .And if thats not enough what if our 20million guest from the south who have been sucking the blood out of us for years get amnesty.There is only one real truth in all of this until we as a nation reinstitute God back into our government things will only get worse ,remember this my friends all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing unfortunately weve all done that for far to long myself included,but that my take lets hear yours. God Bless and have a Great Day

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    First thing. To my knowledge, only two Presidents have ever been impeached and neither was convicted; the first being Andrew Johnson, the second being Bill Clinton. Nixon resigned under fear of being impeached, but was never impeached.

As for taking back the country, the possibilities at this late date are very slim, but in my estimation, not impossible if three things can be forced to happen.

(1) Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment and return the job of appointing the Senators to the state legislatures. This would take the money out of the Senatorial politics and go a long way to returning state sovereignty.

(2) Repeal the Sixteenth Amendment. A choke hold on the unlimited funds of government will place a glorious damper on it's ability to buy votes.

(3) Repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, and return to a specie form of currency. Paper and debt have no intrinsic value.

The last two suggestions would force government to live within its means.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Keep in mind that there is a much bigger problem than those oxygen-thieves in Washington: the morons that elected them. The USA has become overrun with people who think they are owed everything in life. They don't understand finance, they don't understand the Constitution, and they don't understand what liberty really is. Most amazing, as things go from bad to worse, they are MORE convinced that more government is the answer!
    Yep, thats the hardest part to change, but that's what needs to be change the most. I think we need missionaries... Not to preach religion, but to preach self reliance and original intent of the constitution.

Everything shooterman said is good, too. I'd also add term limits to congress and the senate and tie their salary to a percentage of GDP. No more voting raises for themselves... If they run the country into the ground, so goes their paycheck.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Yep, thats the hardest part to change, but that's what needs to be change the most. I think we need missionaries... Not to preach religion, but to preach self reliance and original intent of the constitution.

Everything shooterman said is good, too. I'd also add term limits to congress and the senate and tie their salary to a percentage of GDP. No more voting raises for themselves... If they run the country into the ground, so goes their paycheck.

First thing. To my knowledge, only two Presidents have ever been impeached and neither was convicted; the first being Andrew Johnson, the second being Bill Clinton. Nixon resigned under fear of being impeached, but was never impeached.

As for taking back the country, the possibilities at this late date are very slim, but in my estimation, not impossible if three things can be forced to happen.

(1) Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment and return the job of appointing the Senators to the state legislatures. This would take the money out of the Senatorial politics and go a long way to returning state sovereignty.

(2) Repeal the Sixteenth Amendment. A choke hold on the unlimited funds of government will place a glorious damper on it's ability to buy votes.

(3) Repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, and return to a specie form of currency. Paper and debt have no intrinsic value.

The last two suggestions would force government to live within its means.

+1000

Top Bottom