• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    So I have been looking for a new watch. I have a nice watch for work/dinner but use another watch for working out. I had been using a Garmin training watch for HR while working out. However it died.

I almost bought a new one last year but wanted a ABC watch (altimeter, barometer, compass) as well. However there wasn't a watch that was ABC and workout watch.

Now here is the Suunto Ambit...
    Suunto Ambit Black (HR) | Suunto

It has GPS functionality, ABC, and HR. So I can use it train (running, biking, swimming), working in the outdoors (GPS, compass, barometer), and all around goodness.

Price is a bit steep at 500 but it does a lot for its money. Thought some others on here might like it.
    Gun Zone Deals

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    That's a cheap watch. I fell in love with a watch then saw the sticker. It costs more than my truck is worth.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    That's a cheap watch. I fell in love with a watch then saw the sticker. It costs more than my truck is worth.

I have had that happen too.

I can't wait for some of these to ship. I will look for reviews. I think this would be a good all around watch. I can use it for working out, hunting/fishing, or travel. If you go somewhere else, just waypoint your hotel and you know where you are.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Seiko makes an awesome line of Titanium watches. They do everything but tickle your Willie.

Better than that expensive Swiss brand, IMHO.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    So I got a deal on one of these with la police and there 11% coupon

They updated the watch for better gps support. I am looking forward to getting it. I will post a review when I can

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just picked up a Suunto Core Regular Black...

ImageVaultHandler-1.jpg

I don't need GPS or a heart monitor but I couldn't deal with the negative faces on the Vector and Core All Black (I tried both); the black back/light letters just doesn't cut it in lower light situations such as being indoors. That is due in part to the fact that the black/negative face on this watch reflects a lot thereby making it tougher to see the display. Also, I've learned that it also shows all the fingerprints and smudges that somehow get on the face.

I've been wearing a Highgear Summit for nearly seven years that had a positive face, and I never had any issues seeing it under any conditions. I wish they still made that watch, it's outstanding. This last one croaked due to screw coming loose and allowing water to get inside it while I was in Hawaii. I got it dried out and cleaned up, but the light no longer works and I can't run a watch that isn't waterproof.

I really like the Core, it's a nice watch and has some cool features (the other evening when a storm front rolled through the area, a weather alarm on it went off!). The compass is pretty accurate as well. I think it will hold up better than the Vector, which was a nice watch but had a bit too much plastic on it for me (especially the battery cover, which I shredded on my last two watches). It's also nice and thin, which makes wearing it under a shirt sleeve a lot easier than my old watch, which was chunky to say the least.

By the way, Amazon.com had the Core Regular Black with the light/positive background for $190 with free shipping!

Speaking of which, if you really want to see an expensive watch, check this out!

And for a good laugh, read the reviews!

Cheers! M2

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Looks nice... But I had to have gps and hr. the hr is for training and the gps is to mark points for hunting and such.

Top Bottom