• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn straight they did. Took care of us in Brazoria County during Harvey.
    Moreso; HEB was the first and largest outside supplier to Rockport & Fulton after they were destroyed by that last big hurricane. Houston short-stopped most of the aid sent from the East, despite most of Houston being undamaged. Poor Wharton, on the lower Colorado, was severely flooded, but got little aid early-on.
    Capitol Armory ad

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    HEB is super popular in S. Texas. Not many in this area of N. Texas. Great store. As a rookie Highway Petroleum in Corpus in 71 close to Christmas all the guys knew to stop by the HEB for a big free smoked ham...a case of citrus fruit and a Christmas tree. They treated us very good GI..and in return never heard of one of their trucks getting a speeding ticket. Funny how that works huh? It could be classed a reciprocity agreement or bribery perhaps?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HEB is super popular in S. Texas. Not many in this area of N. Texas. Great store. As a rookie Highway Petroleum in Corpus in 71 close to Christmas all the guys knew to stop by the HEB for a big free smoked ham...a case of citrus fruit and a Christmas tree. They treated us very good GI..and in return never heard of one of their trucks getting a speeding ticket. Funny how that works huh? It could be classed a reciprocity agreement or bribery perhaps?

Didju know CCPD's infamous "Officer Mudd" and his "Blue Meanies" ? Send me your e-address and I'll send you a very funny story re "Officer Mudd". leVieux

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Show dogs should not be strutting down the aisles at the grocery store openly packing heat and scaring all the old widder ladies. That can make rookie cops get an itchy trigger finger most likely. Strut in the mirror at home.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah cuz rookie cops are unlearned about the law and are always capping people that have holstered guns....
    Show dogs should not be strutting down the aisles at the grocery store openly packing heat and scaring all the old widder ladies. That can make rookie cops get an itchy trigger finger most likely. Strut in the mirror at home.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We have 2 grocery stores near me.

One is HEB and the other some obscure, but just as big with few customers the one time I went in it.

My wife suggested, given almost no one shops there, they're probably a money laundry, like a lot of obscure, seemingly no customers to be seen shopping there or going there, empty or nearly so parking lots...that somehow don't go out of business, mmmhhhhh...
    Oooh, I like stores like that. Not sure what it's like elsewhere, but the HEBs around here are zoos at all times of the day. I'll goto the less crowded store every time.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Folks at the local Walmart open carry and nobody is panicking. Must be the California transplants wigging out. What I hate is that none of the Whataburger places put up a sign for open carry around here. They will ask you to leave. You can do concealed carry. If you don't want open carry put up a sign. That way you won't have to be adversarial. I am not an open carry guy but it kind of p[isses me off when they won't post a sign for open carry so when a person comes in with an open carry pistol you don't have to confront him.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Thought of this post while watching Jessica Jones today...
    (Marvel story set in NYC)
    Another character said they would need some stopping power, and came out of the back room sporting a Krinkov...

Jessica kinda freaked, so she said "too much?"

And Jessica replied "unless you're grocery shopping in Texas"

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Overzealous O C proponents, as you say "show dogs" ruined O C in Texas for us all. Without their stupid antics, we would never have had the signage law. leVieux

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Didju know CCPD's infamous "Officer Mudd" and his "Blue Meanies" ? Send me your e-address and I'll send you a very funny story re "Officer Mudd". leVieux
    I remember Bob Mudd well. I was just a kid but I remember him. He used to love arresting teenagers racing cars. LoL!!

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Overzealous O C proponents, as you say "show dogs" ruined O C in Texas for us all. Without their stupid antics, we would never have had the signage law. leVieux
    So OC is ruined in TX? I didnt know. I could not believe their antics like......obeying the law.
    Meanwhile, you left out the 30.06 signs properties posted long before OC became law or the frighthened sheep that pee their pants a bit every time they see a gun. Citizens wanting more freedom, who would thunk it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom