• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I am still new to the NFA world. I joined another forum and read about them today. They are about 20 mins from my house.

https://www.suppressedweaponsystems.com/

I am deeply in committed to my current suppressed AR SBR build. This was not a direction I was planning on going. I have bought a complete lower and matching upper receiver, bought my specialized bolt, sent off my sbr paperwork, called x-caliber barrels to learn what I could, and researched cans for about a year or so.

They claim 127 db with subsonics, sub MOA accuracy, obviously complete repeatability, and no impact shift. I am certain I can beat accuracy and sound suppression depending on which can I choose. My cost would be higher then theirs, for what may be a marginal gain in accuracy and sound suppression. Not sure what there customer service is like either. I shot them an email tonight, so we will see.

Have you guys heard of them before, any info would be appreciated. Any reviews?
    I will go check them out, just out curiosity alone, this coming week.
    ARJ Defense ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    See if they will let you test drive one. Sounds a little too good to be true because just the act of hanging 1-2lbs extra weight on the end of the barrel changes things.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Looking at their site, they only sell integrally suppressed uppers. Well of course there is no POI shift, because you can't take the suppressor off! That right there is a little dishonest marketing, IMO.
    Never heard of them, and with an integrally suppressed build, there would be no other use of your "can" on another firearm.
    I recommend building an SBR or pistol build, and buying a .308 can that can be used on multiple hosts. Much more cost effective, even though you may need two stamps with an SBR plus thread on can.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Looking at their site, they only sell integrally suppressed uppers. Well of course there is no POI shift, because you can't take the suppressor off! That right there is a little dishonest marketing, IMO.
    Never heard of them, and with an integrally suppressed build, there would be no other use of your "can" on another firearm.
    I recommend building an SBR or pistol build, and buying a .308 can that can be used on multiple hosts. Much more cost effective, even though you may need two stamps with an SBR plus thread on can.

That is still my current plan, I have put a ton of time and some money into my current plan. I am going to check them out of curiosity. I want to see how they have done this. Plus learn a thing or two.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Eric Tonkin is an integral genius. Even if you keep your current plan, you should call ahead and set up an appointment. Eric will show you what he’s up to and why he thinks it’s a better mousetrap. I had a 77/44 integral build done by Keechi Creek that sucked so bad. Eric has it now fixing their shitty work and has already told me (and shown me his own personal 77/44) that his work is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Eric Tonkin is an integral genius. Even if you keep your current plan, you should call ahead and set up an appointment. Eric will show you what he’s up to and why he thinks it’s a better mousetrap. I had a 77/44 integral build done by Keechi Creek that sucked so bad. Eric has it now fixing their shitty work and has already told me (and shown me his own personal 77/44) that his work is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I called on Thursday. It was too late for me to stop by. I will try again in a weeks once my house is more unpacked. Or, I will piss off my wife and sneak over there in the morning before work.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom