Suppressor and Permitless Carry Bills Signed 6/15 and 6/16

Dave Z

Apr 24, 2021
Roanoke, TX
State law currently makes possession of a suppressor illegal unless you have an NFA license. The new law will dispense with that and as long as the suppressor is "Made in Texas" according to the rules of the law, state and local law enforcement should leave you alone. However, the feds could still arrest and prosecute you if you don't have the NFA tax stamp/license and you actually build/buy the suppressor.

There is no NFA license. You pay a tax for the privilege of owning one. Its a tax stamp. If a law enforcement officer wants to see you tax stamp, politely tell him no, it a tax document unless he's a Treasury agent.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
There is no NFA license. You pay a tax for the privilege of owning one. Its a tax stamp. If a law enforcement officer wants to see you tax stamp, politely tell him no, it a tax document unless he's a Treasury agent.

Follow that advice and there is a good chance you will get locked up and your gun seized.

Dave Z

Apr 24, 2021
Roanoke, TX
I've already done it with a Sheriff's deputy at a public gun range. The range officer looks at the deputy (not in uniform) and told him I was right. It is not against the law to use an NFA weapon for legal purposes.
Now, it he would have been an ATF agent, and identified himself as such, it would have been different, I would have complied. But not for Barney Fife.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
I've already done it with a Sheriff's deputy at a public gun range. The range officer looks at the deputy (not in uniform) and told him I was right. It is not against the law to use an NFA weapon for legal purposes.
Now, it he would have been an ATF agent, and identified himself as such, it would have been different, I would have complied. But not for Barney Fife.

Cool story bro, but fact is it is illegal till Sept 1 for silencers, and all other NFA remains illegal after that.

Dave Z

Apr 24, 2021
Roanoke, TX
I have a legal suppressor with a tax stamp, so that's not an issue, I chose to stand my ground and my rights, that's all.
I got my suppressor before the current 41f procedures went into effect, using a trust. This way I can pass it along without a hassle.
I most probably will not have a suppressor without following the ATF regulations and pay the tax fee.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
I have a legal suppressor with a tax stamp, so that's not an issue, I chose to stand my ground and my rights, that's all.
I got my suppressor before the current 41f procedures went into effect, using a trust. This way I can pass it along without a hassle.

That is all well and nice, but Texas law is pretty clear on this.

Texaswolf 82

Mar 26, 2021
Austin, Texas
So today's bad dealer announcement - I think that is how they will fight the Texas Suppressor law - Ok TX cans are outside NFA. But if you are an FFL - and you sell them. Your lic is pulled forever.

Reactions: gll

ian

Nov 15, 2018
Liberty Hill
No they dont. There are significant differences and ours has a lot more protection. But neither has protection against stupid.

Do you believe the feds won't arrest people in Texas who possess a surpressor without a federal tax stamp?

Wanna bet?

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Do you believe the feds won't arrest people in Texas who possess a surpressor without a federal tax stamp?

Wanna bet?
What part of “But neither has protection against stupid.” Confused you?

have you not read any other posts on this subject by me in this thread or forum on this subject?

Reactions: gll

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts