• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    It doesn't matter whether it's a trust or direct ownership (via CLEO signoff).

Form 1 or Form 4 - whichever is submitted and approved will see the NFA item Xferred to the party listed as the owner.

Unless you are making the suppressor, you'll be getting it on a Form 4 (transfer of an NFA item). A form 1 is for manufacturing an NFA item.

GotAmmo21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    pasadena texas
    It doesn't matter whether it's a trust or direct ownership (via CLEO signoff).

Form 1 or Form 4 - whichever is submitted and approved will see the NFA item Xferred to the party listed as the owner.

Unless you are making the suppressor, you'll be getting it on a Form 4 (transfer of an NFA item). A form 1 is for manufacturing an NFA item.

so is there anyway i could get it without a CLEO sign off and finger prints like you would with a trust?

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    For NFA stuff, there are two ownership options:

1) directly (with CLEO signoff / fingerprints)
    2) via a trust (no signature or fingerprints required)

Either of these two types of owner can gain NFA items via an approved form 1 or 4.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The form that you fill out depends on if you are buying a product already manufactured, or if you are applying to manufacture the product yourself. If you are buying the product from a dealer you will fill out a Form 4; the Form 4 is an application to transfer an item. If you are making the product yourself on a lathe then you would fill out a Form 1; the Form 1 is an application to manufacture an item.

Using a trust doesn't matter with either form that you fill out, you will not need to include fingerprints or photographs on any NFA forms that you fill out with your trust details. You simply put your trust on the transferee info boxes, and include a copy of your trust with the forms. Make sure you put your schedule A in the trust copy.

Alot of your answers can be found here in our NFA FAQ: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...q-how-buy-suppressor-machine-gun-aow-sbr.html

GotAmmo21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    pasadena texas
    The form that you fill out depends on if you are buying a product already manufactured, or if you are applying to manufacture the product yourself. If you are buying the product from a dealer you will fill out a Form 4; the Form 4 is an application to transfer an item. If you are making the product yourself on a lathe then you would fill out a Form 1; the Form 1 is an application to manufacture an item.

Using a trust doesn't matter with either form that you fill out, you will not need to include fingerprints or photographs on any NFA forms that you fill out with your trust details. You simply put your trust on the transferee info boxes, and include a copy of your trust with the forms. Make sure you put your schedule A in the trust copy.

Alot of your answers can be found here in our NFA FAQ: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...q-how-buy-suppressor-machine-gun-aow-sbr.html

thanks bro i cant wit to get me a suppressor you believe i got a cousin who is current LEO in La Porte and i told him i was thinking about getting a registered suppressor and his exact words were ''why you need a suppressor you planning on killing people'' like really? no f*cking shit thats why im gonna register it and pay a $200 tax to this god forsaken government and then wait 3 friggen months holy hell people are stupid

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    thanks bro i cant wit to get me a suppressor you believe i got a cousin who is current LEO in La Porte and i told him i was thinking about getting a registered suppressor and his exact words were ''why you need a suppressor you planning on killing people'' like really? no f*cking shit thats why im gonna register it and pay a $200 tax to this god forsaken government and then wait 3 friggen months holy hell people are stupid

for "discreet pest eradication" lol

there's also the llc route

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    please explain the llc route
    you set up a corp. the goodies are the posession of the corp, and can be posessed by anyone in the corp.
    drawback is you must file corp taxes yearly and if this corp is doing other business and you get sued the weapons can be attached in a lawsuit.

GotAmmo21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    pasadena texas
    you set up a corp. the goodies are the posession of the corp, and can be posessed by anyone in the corp.
    drawback is you must file corp taxes yearly and if this corp is doing other business and you get sued the weapons can be attached in a lawsuit.

what if i was just to have the corp set up to do nothing other than havemy guns on other buisess would i still be paying the yearly taxes if im not conducting any buisness?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    please explain the llc route

You can setup a corporation with multiple people on it that you want to possess the items, just the same as adding people to a trust. You'll need to incorporate with some articles of incorporation, submit them along with the proper fees to the state to form an LLC ($300), and then obtain a state sales tax ID in the companies name. Since you won't be making any money with this company, just using it as a holdings group, you can get quarterly or biannual reporting to the state comptroller, which means every quarter or twice a year you'll go online and report zero; it takes no time at all.

This route affords the same benefits as the trust, no fingerprints, photographs, or CLEO sign-off.

I personally chose a trust, as it provides guidelines to possession should I get killed or die of old age.

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    I went LLC years ago and have had no probems, as in TX (God bless) there are no franchise fees or anything beyond an annual return that takes about 30 seconds to do if you don't have income into the corp. With a corp, you also have the luxury of naming family and friends within the corporation to have possession of NFA, something that cannot be done with regular CLEO signoff. But trusts are also excellent.

Don't forget you can MAKE a suppressor legally by filing a Form 1. What you do is fill it out, send it in with $200, wait, and when it's approved, start your suppressor project. Making a silencer is a lot of fun, but I wouldn't do it unless you simply want to experience the satisfaction of it, because by the time you're done, it'd be cheaper just to buy one.

Home-made suppressor:
    nc22.jpg

nc23.jpg

Top Bottom