ARJ Defense ad

Suppressor options for 7“ barrel (300 blk)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Hey guys. Haven’t posted much since I joined. Was wondering if I could get some suppressor advice. Can is going to be for a Daniel Sefense PDW (AR pistol, 300 blackout, 7 inch barrel.)

Setup may eventually be used as a patrol rifle for general Leo use, (pending agency approval) so length and weight are definite considerations.

Out of everything I’ve looked at, the SilencerCo Omega 300 is seems to fit the bill perfectly, except that it’s only warrantied down to an 8 inch barrel. Other suppressors on my list include,

Q Trashpanda

SilencerCo Omega K

Silencerco Chimera 300

Deadman Sandman S

All these from what I can tell are rated for short barrels. Can any experienced users help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html
    Venture Surplus ad

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    All of those are good cans. If you have any type of budget, consider the cost of the muzzle device.

For example, the Dead Air KeyMo setup is good, but too pricey for me to consider on multiple guns.

I have a SiCo Omega 30 on my 7.9” Ghetto Blaster and 7.5” PSA. Runs great with subs.

According to this post, SiCo has no barrel restrictions on 300BLK with subs...shoot them an email to verify if you want the SiCo. It’s a great can

b7fa628bfc3e8737f0d5bb805fa16aed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• b7fa628bfc3e8737f0d5bb805fa16aed.png
      b7fa628bfc3e8737f0d5bb805fa16aed.png
      62.6 KB · Views: 3,844

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Good to know. I never knew barrel length was a factor. I was thinking about a suppressor for my 7.5" 300 BO. Glad I saw this.

To my understanding, it has to do with the bullets not stabilizing properly, causing baffle strikes. More of an issue with 556 than 300 BO.

Pronstar, thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely check with SiCo and see what they say.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    To my understanding, it has to do with the bullets not stabilizing properly, causing baffle strikes. More of an issue with 556 than 300 BO.

Pronstar, thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely check with SiCo and see what they say.

It actually has to do with blast baffle erosion. If the twist rate is correct, barrel length isn’t an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Interesting, didn’t know that was an issue with some cans and barrel lengths.

I’m not quite that short on my 300BLK SBR. I have a Thunderbeast Arms can on mine. I like the mounting system for it. It mounts to their brake or flash hider. It’s a really nice setup.

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    From the ones you have listed I would choose from the Omega 300 and Trash Panda. They're both quiet and lightweight.

Thanks, those are the two I’ve narrowed my choice down to. Leaning towards the Omega right now. SiCo responding to my email regarding the minimum barrel restrictions of the Omega, this is what they said.

“Hey,

I would be happy to help you out. The Omega's barrel length restriction has since moved down to a 7" barrel length restriction and will be fine to use on subs and supers.

Thanks!”

Now I need to talk to a local dealer, see if they can help walk me through this process. Thanks everyone for the input!

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Don’t fear the process. It’s easy

The first one is the worst...get the form submitted and then find something else to obsess on until you get a surprise email or phone call saying your stamp is in. Then it is like Christmas when you go to the shop to pick up your can.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The first one is the worst...get the form submitted and then find something else to obsess on until you get a surprise email or phone call saying your stamp is in. Then it is like Christmas when you go to the shop to pick up your can.

I’ve been buying a can, every time I pickup a can.
    Makes me feel like I’m actually getting something LOL

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Don’t fear the process. It’s easy

Your right, way easier than I thought. I pulled the trigger today on the SiCo Omega. Met with a local dealer earlier this week. He recommended I go through Silencer Shop. They really do make it simple to take care of passport photo and fingerprints and all that. Already completed everything on my end. Waiting now for SS to review the form and submit.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I have the Omega and I'm waiting for a buffer spring for my 8" 300blk pistol to try it out. Used it on my 16" 300blk and reduced some of the noise. Was shooting supers though. It was my first can and took right at about a year. My second only took about 6 weeks. Silencerco was used for both and was exceptionally easy.
    Anyone use the JP silent capture spring on suppressed 300blk pistol?

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Your right, way easier than I thought. I pulled the trigger today on the SiCo Omega. Met with a local dealer earlier this week. He recommended I go through Silencer Shop. They really do make it simple to take care of passport photo and fingerprints and all that. Already completed everything on my end. Waiting now for SS to review the form and submit.

Good choice on can in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I have the Omega and I'm waiting for a buffer spring for my 8" 300blk pistol to try it out. Used it on my 16" 300blk and reduced some of the noise. Was shooting supers though. It was my first can and took right at about a year. My second only took about 6 weeks. Silencerco was used for both and was exceptionally easy.
    Anyone use the JP silent capture spring on suppressed 300blk pistol?

Sorry I don’t have any jp springs. I use springco in mine. No issues so far in my rifles cycling ammo

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    Is the Omega direct thread or does it also require the mounts? My lone can so far is a SpecWar 762, and while I do love having a can that can fit on all my rifles, I think I've spent as much on muzzle devices as I did on the dang can...

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Is the Omega direct thread or does it also require the mounts? My lone can so far is a SpecWar 762, and while I do love having a can that can fit on all my rifles, I think I've spent as much on muzzle devices as I did on the dang can...

It will do either one.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I went with a couple qd mounts for my rifles so I can move it easier between them. But if it going to be for one gun only it will direct thread on

paveknife

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    DFW
    Thanks for the link... looks like they don't even make the SpecWars anymore... and those mounts are $92 /sob... That being said, been looking for a multicaliber pistol can, and the hybrid 46 looks pretty intriguing...

Top Bottom