• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County
    I have searched and read various threads and manufacturer sites and I would like anyone's opinions before I drop some money.

I want two cans. I want one that I can shoot on (possibly) my ak 47 and ar 15. Plus a 308 rifle down the road, bolt or semi. I think I have decided on the AAC 762sd. Next is a pistol can that I can shoot on my 45 and 9mm xds. I think I want the AAC TiRant 45.

So is there anything I may be missing or has anyone else used one can on multiple calibers and have any advice?

I have checked out the surefire, gemtech, silencerco and yhm supps. Thank you.
    Price range is about 800 a can for me.
    Target Sports

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The market has changed lately ... alot of new cans on the market and some new designs. As far as the cans go I can say that I've learned a few things:

In a pistol can, it helps to have something that is easy to take apart, adaptable, and quite honestly, they all work well these days. I have an AAC TiRant 9mm and it is a good performing suppressor, is lightweight, and easy to adapt. The thread pattern can be changed on the suppressor in 30 seconds by simply replacing the piston assembly. That also means if you cross-thread the can you can take the piston, a non-registered part, and have it re-threaded or simply order a replacement. Some more affordable options to the Osprey and TiRant are the new take-apart SWR cans. SWR builds a great product, in fact they've been making an industry standard 9mm suppressor for years, the Trident 9, which offers TiRant performance and full-auto capability in a tank of a suppressor. Longevity has massive benefits if you plan to shoot it alot. Titanium might be nice, but it won't hold up as well as a good steel.

In a rifle can, if you want a QD can then the 51T AACs like the 762SD and some of their newer stuff are great. I know alot of people that own those and have good luck with them. If you want something more precision rifle oriented, then seek out a threaded option like the Thunderbeast 30P1 or a Shark; both are excellent and highly regarded in the bolt rifle community. I can attest to the Shark being one of the best sounding .30 caliber cans on the market from my experience. The shear volume of the can allows it to work with .300 Mags on down.

The .308 can will work well on the AK, but the AR will not suppress as well as the dedicated 5.56mm cans, but I find .308 cans on .223s to be perfectly acceptable.

If you don't have one already, I highly recommend a trust. It speeds up the paperwork and makes estate planning much easier. You can also put any other eligible family members on the trust so that they may possess them also (like a brother, father, sister, etc.).

Good luck joining the stamp collectors club.

Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County
    Thank you, I do have a trust. Got it a couple weeks ago from Sean. So many options. Hard to decide without getting to handle and shoot them. I would like to eventually get some dedicated cans for some weapons. Thanks again.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    If u get an osprey 45 you van run the 9 through. To the best of my knowledge you can not do that with an tirant

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    You can run 9 through the TiRant. Just switch out the piston. Same as the Osprey. For alot of Silencer info, you can get hold of Major Malfunction or you can go try some out at Houston Armory. They keep a large amount of suppressors in stock and will let you fondle them and I'm positive they will demo them for you if you ask. http://www.houstonarmory.com They are good dudes and will help you out any way they can.

Top Bottom