• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boredelmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ATX
    Okay, my limited knowledge has led me to believe that in order to make my toys more fun I do:

1. Print out and fill out appropriate forms from ATF
    2. Find local chief of law enforcement in my county
    3. Pay $200 tax
    4. Wait for....approval?

Now my questions are..... on step 2. who do I go to in travis county? What is the process? Where do I go and who do I ask to sign off?

On step 4, how long should it take?

Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Sheriff Hamilton will sign. Go to 5555 Airport Blvd. Austin, TX 78751 and drop off your materials with the secretary. Make sure to bring copies of everything, not just the CLEO sign-off form. It could several weeks before your documents are ready to be picked up.

The alternative is to create a Trust, which bypasses the sign off and fingerprints.

My form 4s have taken about 3 months. Form 1 was 5 months. I heard recently of someone getting his form 4 back in 2 weeks. So, it depends.

SteveSpread

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Austin, TX
    approvals on Form 4's are about 60-90 days for a corporation or trust, about 90-129 days for a regular one.

that does not include the time it takes for the CLEO signoff in regards to the regular Form 4 procedure. I'm a C3 dealer and that is from my experience. I do many of these so I have a pretty good idea about the lead times.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Get a hold of Sean Cody on this site and go the trust route. You won't regret it I promise. All your items in one place, less time, less hassle, and less annoying and time consuming procedures.

I have one form 4 on my individual: M42000 from about 2006 ... It was a PITA and I now have multiple items on one trust. Just picked up my 30 cal can and it took 2 months from pending to approval.

Do a lot of research and spend the money to do it right the first time. I do not consider NFA investments like some(minus machine guns) but time flys and so do the rounds so getting something of quality that will hold up that also has a good honest company to back it if something does malfunction is really worth the extra $$$$'s...

My two cents.

Jeremy

Top Bottom