• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I have a few from GemTech and here is there web page it where you can get everything you need

here is one on a Glock 9mm

Tundra.jpg

here is there Web page

http://www.gem-tech.com/TUNDRA.html

DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    stupid question but since i dont know too much about guns.. here i go:
    Aren't suppressors Illegal unless you have some kind of special license?:confused:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    stupid question but since i dont know too much about guns.. here i go:
    Aren't suppressors Illegal unless you have some kind of special license?:confused:

If you don't have the tax stamp on it then yes, it is illegal.

You simply file the paperwork, pay your $200, and pick up the suppressor.

It's simply retarded that we have to deal with NFA paperwork on the suppressors. It's not like it makes the gun completely inaudible. Just one of those old laws that never was modernized for the sake of tax income and regulation.

You should be able to buy suppressors with any pistol at any store. All it does is save your hearing and cut down on the noise pollution for those not shooting. However, I'll save that for another thread.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    In Texas you can legally own suppressors, but you have to apply to the ATF in much the same manner as for a machinegun, pay the $200 tax stamp fee, and once you are approved you can pick up the suppressor at a Class III/SOT dealer.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I had a Ruger 10/22 that was full barrel suppressed and it was a sweet rifle, but a friend offered me the right price for it so I sold it to him. it was real queit with sub sonic ammo .

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Suppressed 22s ROCK

I love my Gemtech Outback. I'll mount it on my 10-22 with a Burris Fastfire, P22, or my HK91 when using the 22 conversion kit. A 22 can is so versitile and the cheapest thing around in the NFA world. I can sit at the stock tank and plink away and the dog is not even bothered. Heck, I've taken a client call in the past while plinking a can and was never asked a word.

Chris

Glockmeister

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I love my Gemtech Outback. I'll mount it on my 10-22 with a Burris Fastfire, P22, or my HK91 when using the 22 conversion kit. A 22 can is so versitile and the cheapest thing around in the NFA world. I can sit at the stock tank and plink away and the dog is not even bothered. Heck, I've taken a client call in the past while plinking a can and was never asked a word.

Chris

What's the cost of one of those for a 9mm?

sgtdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    G17 with a LWD barrel and SWR Trident-9 suppressor. I like SWR's products above the others I have tried so I stick with them. The Trident-9 is a modular suppressor that you can move around from pistol to subgun with 4 different mounting attachments. This setup is very quiet with WWB ammo. With handloaded 147gr. subsonic it is hollywood quiet.

daves253.jpg

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    If you don't have the tax stamp on it then yes, it is illegal.

You simply file the paperwork, pay your $200, and pick up the suppressor.

It's simply retarded that we have to deal with NFA paperwork on the suppressors. It's not like it makes the gun completely inaudible. Just one of those old laws that never was modernized for the sake of tax income and regulation.

You should be able to buy suppressors with any pistol at any store. All it does is save your hearing and cut down on the noise pollution for those not shooting. However, I'll save that for another thread.

So, is there a distinction in TX between a "silencer" and a suppressor?

Top Bottom