Supreme Court Upholds 4th Amendment.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
somewhere.....East Texas.
At this point, I think any states that have a Red Flag Law, those are going to stand as they are, until at some point they are challenged on their own merits in a court of law.

But, IMO, this ruling does give some hope that I can see, that a challenge to a RFL stands a good chance of being ruled unconstitutional at some point in the future. Sad fact is, some poor guy is going to have to lose everything just to challenge that law.

RFL's, should never have seen the light of day to begin with.

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area

A unanimous decision that warrantless gun confiscation is unconstitutional.
That is one heck of a blanket statement you made. Where do you see the article say that the police cannot seize a gun without a warrant or as you put it that: "...warrantless gun confiscation is unconstitutional". The article and the justices were talking about the specific grounds the police used to try to justify the particular seizure in question; nowhere did the Supreme Court Justices say a gun cannot ever be confiscated without a warrant as you most certainly seem to imply. In fact, besides pointing out how the officers seizure of these two gun was in fact illegal/unconstitutional - the article also points out some circumstances where a warrant is most definitely not a requirement and thus where the waqrrantless seizure of a gun or other evidence would be perfectly legal.

leVieux

Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
leVieux,

NOT considering this particular case. = It was a "screw up" from beginning to end & THANKFULLY very atypical of police work in the USA.

yours, satx

I always appreciate your comments; but didju really expect the "Wise Latina" & Elena Kagan to support the U S Constitution ?

leVieux

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
I always appreciate your comments; but didju really expect the "Wise Latina" & Elena Kagan to support the U S Constitution ?

leVieux
leVieux,

This case was such a MESS that I would have expected THE WARREN COURT to vote 9-0 to throw it out.

Sotomayor & Kagan are NOT STUPID & even they would not approve what was essentially a BURGLARY by a LEO, who UNLAWFULLY broke into a private home because he did NOT like what he saw through a window & W/O telling anyone just TOOK the firearm away with him.
ADDENDA: What the RI LEO did was NO different than if he had looked in a window, saw a copy of PENTHOUSE magazine on the coffee table , did not believe that anybody should be able to possess that magazine & thereafter BROKE INTO the HOME & TOOK the magazine.

yours, satx

Last edited:

leVieux

Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
leVieux,

This case was such a MESS that I would have expected THE WARREN COURT to vote 9-0 to throw it out.

Sotomayor & Kagan are NOT STUPID & even they would not approve what was essentially a BURGLARY by a LEO, who UNLAWFULLY broke into a private home because he did NOT like what he saw through a window & W/O telling anyone just TOOK the firearm away with him.
ADDENDA: What the RI LEO did was NO different than if he had looked in a window, saw a copy of PENTHOUSE magazine on the coffee table , did not believe that anybody should be able to possess that magazine & thereafter BROKE INTO the HOME & TOOK the magazine.

yours, satx

NOPD has always legislated via "watch commander desires", rather than following the extant LAW. Federal Judge Barbier finally had to tell them: "The next one of you who does this is going to JAIL himself!"

leVieux

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics