• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    So I have an adapter that will turn the standard AK threads into standard 5/8 x 24 threads. Any reason why I can't run my Specwar 7.62 on this rifle? The barrel was threaded by a gunsmith during the conversion from a sporter to a typical AK config.

Just looking for something else to throw the can on!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    No. In a word . . . lOL

i have a video of us shooting a red jacket saga SBS and silencer.

its fun, cool, but loud

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I used to spend a lot of time suppressing my AKs but had too many headaches. Threading was concentric (I cut the threads), the rifles and SBRs looked really cool suppressed and even sounded pretty good, but the overgassing was killing my trunnions. I even built an 8" SBR in 5.45 with the sole purpose of suppressing. Even with porting it to just barely cycle without the suppressor, and swapping in a heavier recoil spring, it still would fling brass about 60' and nail the trunnion a lot of the time when suppressed.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Pooh. It's still a crap shoot. Have adco thread the barrel

poor host. But better than unsuppressed

I used to spend a lot of time suppressing my AKs but had too many headaches. Threading was concentric (I cut the threads), the rifles and SBRs looked really cool suppressed and even sounded pretty good, but the overgassing was killing my trunnions. I even built an 8" SBR in 5.45 with the sole purpose of suppressing. Even with porting it to just barely cycle without the suppressor, and swapping in a heavier recoil spring, it still would fling brass about 60' and nail the trunnion a lot of the time when suppressed.

Sounds good, was just thinking of something else to mess with. No worries now, I can find other things to fiddle around with for sure!

Top Bottom