• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abntxn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Just look at these deviants!

c34f2b5b962c51f89577110c57ac1b2a.jpg

Nowadays you will be in CID for no less than 8 hours getting "interviewed" and probably charged and prosecuted for Sexual Assault....
    ARJ Defense ad

Smrtfasizmu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2015
    As someone who currently serves with openly homosexual, bisexual, and otherwise-identifying individuals, some of which have become married, some of which who have not, I can tell you that I am nothing short of proud to work with them, particularly when their existence makes some boil with anger.

I'm also proud to be serving with Muslims, Mormons, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Pagans, Sikhs, Arabs, Hispanics, Brazilians, and every other race/religion/creed that I've encountered since joining. There are many who want them to serve in absolute silence, but I can tell you that, amongst fellow service members, everybody in my units thus far have been nothing but supportive and encouraging of them.

You're right, it's a new Army. And I'm damned proud to be a part of it. Lesbians, openly practicing Muslims, and all. Because at the end of the day, each of them raised their right hand to help defend the country, and every day, that is exactly what they do. The fact that there are some who don't support them in the same way deeply saddens me, but seeing how selflessly they serve in spite of that more than makes up for it.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    As someone who currently serves with openly homosexual, bisexual, and otherwise-identifying individuals, some of which have become married, some of which who have not, I can tell you that I am nothing short of proud to work with them, particularly when their existence makes some boil with anger.

I'm also proud to be serving with Muslims, Mormons, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics, Pagans, Sikhs, Arabs, Hispanics, Brazilians, and every other race/religion/creed that I've encountered since joining. There are many who want them to serve in absolute silence, but I can tell you that, amongst fellow service members, everybody in my units thus far have been nothing but supportive and encouraging of them.

You're right, it's a new Army. And I'm damned proud to be a part of it. Lesbians, openly practicing Muslims, and all. Because at the end of the day, each of them raised their right hand to help defend the country, and every day, that is exactly what they do. The fact that there are some who don't support them in the same way deeply saddens me, but seeing how selflessly they serve in spite of that more than makes up for it.
    No, not anything new at all, I served with them all going back to the time I came in Jan '67. The were all there, but there one big difference then vs now.

Then the main difference was what state we were from, Texas or Ohio, Maine or Alabama and this typically manifested itself in loyalties and banter among college and professional sports teams. With little beyond that. We all wore the same uniform, had a job to do and did it and went home at night to prepare for another day.

But now its open and now its down at the personal, emotional and dogma level, now suddenly it no longer a who is going to the Superbowl but you must accept and endorse sexual deviants. The EEO offices are working day and night and adding staff because somebody complained they did not get a promotion, pass, good duty etc because they are _______________ fill in the blank.

I remember well when Larry died. He was an early case of AIDS, we all knew Larry was gay, but he was a good soldier liked by enlisted and officer alike. I was good friends with him because we worked together on several projects. One day he invited me to coffee. As we sat out there on the sidewalk not far from the Pentagon, he said Don, do you know I am gay and he broke out in a big smile. Larry not for sure, over time based upon things you said I wondered, but it was not big deal. He laughed and we became even better friends. He was smart and a great team...TEAM member. He was missed by all when he got sick and died, never heard a bad word from anyone of any rank. We would have attended the funeral had it not been out of state.

But now, yes things have changed, now there is a quota for GBLT promotions, now I personal belief system is under open attack and GBLT trumps my personal belief...

You cannot change the culture of the finest fighting force the world has ever known and expect the same results, that my friend will be a FACT! There is a reason why Chev has not fundamentally changed the design of the Chevy V8 since 1955, its works and if its not broke don't fix it and the military was not broke...

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    It's very simple. When it becomes about who you are as opposed to the Unit/Command/etc, it doesn't work. It's a complicated mess.
    We had one hell of a cook on my first submarine. He was gay. We all knew it. "Don't ask, don't tell" was the time frame. The Commanding Officer had him as the ship's barber. He cut the CO's hair as well. We didn't really give a damn if he was gay or straight. We didn't care what anyone's sexual preference was.
    And for an individual to use that as a bargaining chip shows the kind of person that they truly are.

Smrtfasizmu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2015
    Maybe somebody else who is currently serving in a different unit has something else to say. But I am telling you, as somebody who is currently in the service and interacting with these people on a daily basis, literally zero of the 'problems' you're bringing up exist. Their sexuality is not the focal point of their careers. Literally nobody cares. Promotions are given out based on who has the necessary number of promotion points, passes the boards, and is recommended. That's it. There is no CO anywhere on base here scratching his/her head trying to figure out they are going to find a first generation bisexual immigrant to fill an E-6 slot to stay current on 'diversity quotas'

Your fears are as unfounded as the people who honestly believe that 'stress cards' exist. Don't feel too bad though, there was a Captain at my MEPS who thought they were a real thing too.

Lupey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    THE BLUFF
    I remember in Navy boot camp (1983), the company commanders asking where we were from. I replied Texas, they replied Texas, the only things that come from Texas are steers and queers, which one are you.... I wonder if they still ask u that now?

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I remember in Navy boot camp (1983), the company commanders asking where we were from. I replied Texas, they replied Texas, the only things that come from Texas are steers and queers, which one are you.... I wonder if they still ask u that now?
    before or after they pick themselves up of the ground

Top Bottom