Military Camp

WTS Surplus Beretta Model 81 Cheetah .32ACP $239.00 to $269.00 Shiped!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Since the Model 81 pistols started coming in, I have seen one marked "RA" (which indicates issue/use by the Italian Air Force) & was told in an email, by a member of another gun forum, that he has a Model 81BB that is marked "RN" (Italian Navy acceptance stamp).

Inasmuch as supposedly ALL of the Post-WWII Italian military issue Beretta pistols were either one of the several versions of the Model 34/35 series, the Model 1951 or the Model 92, does anybody KNOW who in the Italian armed services that the Model 81 pistols were issued to/used by??

Note: Peacekeepers of the UN, who were drawn from the Italian police/military services, "for public policy reasons" were required to carry .380 ACP or .32 ACP pistols, as it was thought that the 9x19mm pistols were "too brutal looking".
    (One of the "ODD" things about working with "foreign governments", at least to me, is the attitudes of NON-USA police/military agencies toward various sorts of firearms. - In one South American nation, where I once served, we were FORMALLY REQUESTED by their government to NOT use our US Military-issue pump shotguns, except by the US Embassy personnel "inside the wire", as shotguns with buckshot was "determined to be unnecessarily inhumane weapons". - Otoh, we were ALLOWED to carry FULL-AUTO 5.56NATO rifles/carbines & any handgun that we chose. The "host country's national police" routinely carry UZI SMG & their police trucks/jeeps often mount a .30 caliber air-cooled MG on a pedestal.)

yours, satx
    Venture Surplus ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom