• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    So this is "Military City USA" and I know I am new so maybe I haven't seen one. Is there a good surplus store here? I am not looking for much, just not bend over a barrel prices. :)

I need to replace my woobie that apparently did not make it in the move, but am always interested in surplus stuff. Now my kid is turning 7 and loves camping with dad, she things some of it is cool too.

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Uh, thanks. Just because there is a surplus store doesn't mean it is any good. I have been to plenty that say "surplus" but in reality sell knock-off fake crap.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    To be honest, no there is not.

Top Brass is not a surplus store, it sells new stock. Ft Sam Army-Navy is dirty and overpriced. Surplus Military Outlet's URL redirects to eBay. No thanks.

Is there anything specific you're looking for? Maybe we can help.

Cheers! M2

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I haven't seen any truly "good" prices at any "surplus" store in quite some time now. Seems that most of the time I can go on Amazon, etc. now and find it half the price with it shipped to my door for free (with Prime membership, $80 a year, but worth it if you buy enough).

sent from deep space now Free

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The proprietor of Fort Sam-Army Navy on Harry Wurzbach is good people. Have visited him on and off over the past 15 years, in two locations.

He does local gun shows, too.

His prices are only high if you pay them. He knows his regular customers, and when they ask for a better price, he always knocks a few dollars off his asking price.

Better yet, he buys stuff from walk-ins, and I always got a fair price for old stuff I did not have room for.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The proprietor of Fort Sam-Army Navy on Harry Wurzbach is good people. Have visited him on and off over the past 15 years, in two locations.

He does local gun shows, too.

His prices are only high if you pay them. He knows his regular customers, and when they ask for a better price, he always knocks a few dollars off his asking price.

Better yet, he buys stuff from walk-ins, and I always got a fair price for old stuff I did not have room for.

Great, a "screw the normal customers and only give deals to some regulars" business model. No wonder the place has the reputation it does and for me that's just more reason to avoid it!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Never heard the term in my time served. Maybe he was in one of those "hard core" units, lol.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    HAHA, sorry a "woobie" is the nickname I have always known for the insulating poncho liners. Most common are the woodland camo ones, but they make them now in Marpat, ACU, even multi-cam for different branches/units. So I know they are around. It is essentially a blanket that can be tied into a standard poncho for warmth, they make awesome general purpose blankets and a serve as a "quick blind" as well.

Top Bottom