• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Molon Labe

SIG Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Land of Freedom
    Picked up a used one at my local store on a good deal. Had nothing but problems with it. Constant FTF on first strike, round getting stuck at a down angle at the feed ramp, slide unlocking when feeding a mag. Basically an all around piece of junk. I'm feeling like I should have stuck with my original LCP for deep conceal carry. I'm thinking about giving this thing back and getting the new LCP II.

Anyone who can offer advice or common experiences would be greatly appreciated. On the Bodyguard and the LCP II.

Thanks to all.
    Texas SOT

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I used to own a bodyguard, never really had issues with it till I fixed the god awful trigger that every newer Smith has. Then it was just light primer strikes.
    I used to own a lcp2 the recoil of the gun made me hit the mag release almost every round. Maybe a grip would of fixed that but sold it before I tried.
    The glock 42 is to me the best pocket 380 I owned wish I didn't sell it.
    I use my lc9s as a pocket gun, and will probably be getting a j frame size 38 special soon also as I used to carry a 640 for a pocket gun before the ruger.
    Smith's to me the new ones are over priced and made cheap. Ruger beats Smith and Wesson hands down.

Molon Labe

SIG Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Land of Freedom
    I going to have to agree. I actually wish I had just kept my original LCP. I haven't owned a Smith yet that I've been overly impressed with. I'm a SIG guy but there is too much sticking out on their .380 IMO to be a good pocket pistol. The search continues....

Welcome to the board!

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I used to own a p238 then I ran into sigs horrible customer support. Won't own another sig for how that pecker head treated me on the phone.

Reactions: MTA

Molon Labe

SIG Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Land of Freedom
    Updating my Smith Bodygaurd issue..I replaced the mag and it seems to help somewhat. The issue is not completely resolved though. I still have some light primer strikes. I guess I have to live with the fact that it's just part of the gun.

That's not acceptable to me for EDC self defense. I think I am going to repurchase the original LCP. Not fun to shoot but I think it's the best answer there is for deep concealing at work.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    The slide dropping when inserting a magazine is a "feature", as far as I understand it. Nearly all M&P pistols I've shot will drop the slide if you forcefully insert the magazine.

Th other issues you mention are not uncommon with the Bodyguard, unfortunately. They can be fixed, if you have time and money for it.

If you're looking at the Glock 42 or LCP II I can recommend both. I carry all 3 of these pistols, but my Bodyguard has received the most aftermarket work to be on par with the others. The triggers on the 42 and LCP II are single-action and much easier to manage than the Bodyguard. I think the 42 shoots softer than the other two, but it is the most expensive. The LCP II kicks a bit, but I love it's simplicity and robustness not to mention the price.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Updating my Smith Bodygaurd issue..I replaced the mag and it seems to help somewhat. The issue is not completely resolved though. I still have some light primer strikes. I guess I have to live with the fact that it's just part of the gun.

That's not acceptable to me for EDC self defense. I think I am going to repurchase the original LCP. Not fun to shoot but I think it's the best answer there is for deep concealing at work.

Agreed that's not good for EDC. Have you contacted S&W to see if they will fix it? Light strikes could just be a spring issue you can fix yourself as well.

Also, take a look at Kahr for a pocket .380. Needs a break in period (hand cycling the slide a couple of hundred times helps), but the one my wife got has been surprisingly good. Trigger is long, but decent. Recoil is surprisingly low for what I expected. Accuracy is above average for a mouse gun (likely related to the recoil part)

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    If basically had just about every 380 put there haha. I had a kahr that was the worst gun iv owned bought it used and that thing wound not, cycle, eject, load, fire, etc.
    They offered to fix it kahr but cabelas offer a 7 day return on there used guns. So just got my money back.
    A 5 shot 38 special will always go bang no matter what if you looking for something that route.
    Yeah the 42 is expensive but just over 400 new here not horrible when the ppk and p238 cost over 600.
    If you can find the old lcp custom that's what I'd do instead of the g42

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    The Remington rm380 ain't bad the trigger blows on it but seems to work good and the finish wears off easily still got that one sorta gave it to my sister.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    ...I had a kahr that was the worst gun iv owned bought it used and that thing wound not, cycle, eject, load, fire, etc.
    They offered to fix it kahr but cabelas offer a 7 day return on there used guns. So just got my money back.

Curious. How many rounds did you put through it if you returned in within 7 days? As I mentioned, Kahr needs a break in period before it's reliable. Even says so in their manual. A couple of hundred rounds is usually sufficient, but as mentioned, hand cycling the slide helps the break in.

I don't personally have or carry a Kahr, but the wife has a couple and the kid has one. Haven't seen any issues with any of them after break in.

Amazi

I hate Sig Sauer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I seen that, I see it as bs really, shouldn't have to break in a plastic mass produced pistol that wasn't custom fit together. Spending like 80ish on ammo to break in a cheap gun f that, but that's just me.
    It had to have been fired before I bought it and I put over 100 rounds through it before I couldn't deal with it anymore.
    Only gun I had issues with other then that was my Kimber but I was testing out different oils and during obamas ammo crisis.
    granted every gun you should put at least 200 round through it aways before you carry it but I know my glock, and my springfields will work right out of the box no issues.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom