• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    I owned the S&W SD9VE once. It was my first hand gun and I was on a budget. Only gun I have ever sold, and haven't looked at S&W anything since. What is your reason of interest?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The S&W pistols have endured a lot of negative flack over issues the guns had almost 20 years ago. The guns were completely redesigned but the bitching continued! I heard the crap and decided to find out for myself.

I have owned 4 of those Sigmas....3- 9mm and one 40 cal. They are the best deal on the market, absolutely reliable and accurate. Some complain about their trigger pull being heavy. There is a cure for that....practice! I shoot very well with the Sigmas and dry fire constantly.

Their magazines are solid, sturdy and made of stainless steel.

Instead of the Ruger method of using a hinged lever as a "loaded chamber" indicator, the S&W has a small hole that allows you to see a chambered round. Everything on these guns is simple, sturdy and reliable!

Buy one without hesitation! If you don't like it, sell it to me.

Flash

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My BIL has the SD9VE and I have shot it several times. I thought it was pretty accurate. Pretty heavy trigger, but it runs like a top.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There are subtle differences in the one I had vs the one my son has. His had a better trigger than mine out of the box. On the newer ones, if you have some fine diamond needle files, you can clean it up a little without disassembly in a couple minutes. Still a lot longer than I like and no lighter but noticebly smoother. For the price, not bad at all. Especially for an entry level gun. If you are used to better, you more than likely won't care for it much.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

RangeMaster15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you all for the responses, because of my job, I have the pleasure of shooting quite a variety of different guns, one of the local gun shops has them listed for $295.00, I will be buying one today, again, thanks alot.

Top Bottom