• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Got this recipe from a member of another forum I'm on a few years ago.
    Buckhorn Sweet Fire Chips

Ingredients:

1 Gallon jar "Best Maid" Sliced Sour Pickles. Whole pickles if you want to slice your own
    4 lbs white sugar (suggest starting with 4lbs, then adjust on subsequent batches)
    2 oz bottle Tabasco Sauce (then adjust on subsequent batches)
    1 12oz can sliced jalapenos (then adjust on subsequent batches)

Instructions:
    1. Drain the pickles of all juice and discard juice
    2. Dump the sugar, tabasco and jalapeno juice into a large bowl and stir it up. A thick paste will form
    3. Alternating sugar, pickles, jalapeno slices start filling the jar. When you get close to the end, you'll have to do a bit of pushing to get it all to fit. No need to add any fluids, the pickles will give up enough brine to fill the jar.
    4. When it's all in there, lay a towel on the counter top, make sure the lid is tight and put the jar on it's side and roll it back and forth a minute or so. Let it set a few minutes, the sugar will settle to the bottom, then roll it another minute or two. Repeat until it's all dissolved. Takes maybe an hour and you can cheat a bit by letting it set longer then roll.
    5. When the sugar is all dissolved, put them in the fridge. In about 3 days, they'll really be taking on a sweet fire profile. After a week, you'll scarf 'em like candy.
    6. When not being eaten, keep refrigerated

20200411_172706~2.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    That's a lot of sugar. I think I'd be eating the jalapenos with tabasco sauce on them.
    Lol. It is a ton of sugar. But they aren't overly sweet. It pulls the moisture out of the pickles and makes them crunchy. I add a second jar of japs when I make it.

Top Bottom