• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you look around, there are some hidden gems among knives. Some years ago, I tried out a brand named Coast Knives. I have bought two of them over the years for tools. Solid and reliable and inexpensive too. Lowes use to carry them in their stores.

Their flashlights are decent as well.

Guns International

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have 0 worries that an OTF will missfire in your pocket.

It takes very little resistance to stop the blade from coming at least when that obstuction is close to the handle, with the lightning d/a

No I will not put my hand in front of it and launch it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    have 2 auto and they open up in my pocket! just know will end up with leg or jewels injury!
    One of my very first switchblades was a Benchmade Spike. Probably the fastest opening knife still to this day that I own. It fired in my front pocket once. It cut the shit out of my middle finger. Never carried it again.

I have a couple of switchblades that have locks on them. If y’all are that worried about getting cut, find one that locks the blade.

Bamban

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Anderson Mill Area
    You might want to look at Templar:

prices seem reasonable. I have no experience with their products, though I have heard good things.

I got my I mine last Friday. Fairly heavy, about as heavy as the Adamas folder. Blade is fast and it came very sharp. Have not used it other than cutting a few cardboard boxes for the recycling bin.

It will replace my Balisong 42.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have 0 worries that an OTF will missfire in your pocket.

It takes very little resistance to stop the blade from coming at least when that obstuction is close to the handle, with the lightning d/a

No I will not put my hand in front of it and launch it.

i have a schrade otf that has a safety selector switch on it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I purchased one of the Templar knives several months ago.
    So far its been a good knife. Light and easy to carry.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I have a nice no-name switchblade. I have had it for many years but the only thing I know about it was I took it off the oldest Son when he was in middle school.

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    I got a 06 Auto - 10th Anniversary | Gerber (gerbergear.com) ]Gerber 06 Auto[/url] a couple weeks ago and I like it. First auto knife I've owned, so not a lot to compare it with, but I liked that it seems to have a solid lock. Not a small knife, but flat which makes it easy to pocket carry. Seems very rugged. So far like it. Link I provided for picture shows it out of stock, but I got mine at Blade HQ for about $160, IIRC.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    My OTF is from Templar Knives - made in Texas; blade material is sourced in the U.S. as well. I keep it in my center console; however, as it is too bulky for my carry preference. For EDC I use the Kershaw Link. One of Kershaw's USA made knives.
    e03d8b976699346922c9c1a01ef4f287.jpg
    e6aefe2f3bd7ddf13b14a434ebf6c2fb.jpg
    87154cf13906856f2c3cc27b8e75e91a.jpg

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    My OTF is from Templar Knives - made in Texas; blade material is sourced in the U.S. as well. I keep it in my center console; however, as it is too bulky for my carry preference. For EDC I use the Kershaw Link. One of Kershaw's USA made knives.
    Good feedback on the bulkiness of the Templar. Dou you think the slim version would be any better?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have a nice no-name switchblade. I have had it for many years but the only thing I know about it was I took it off the oldest Son when he was in middle school.
    When I was an assistant principal in a secondary school I had a drawer full of (cheap) knives some students "allowed" me to keep for them :green: when they were taken up! Hah!

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Good feedback on the bulkiness of the Templar. Dou you think the slim version would be any better?
    Honestly can't say. I don't recall comparing the full and slim in person, only the full and mini.

The blade included a carry case for the belt.

Forgot about their lifetime warranty! I purchased mine online after handling them at a Mesquite Gun Show in 2018. They weren't offering fully sourced and made in USA at that time but told me to keep an eye out and they came through. Dad and son running the booth at the gun show. Support local wherever I can!

ETA: compared the Templar with the Kershaw side folder, they are literally the same width. Thus, the bulk I conclude comes from the added weight of the spring mechanism, not gerth. Huh...

Last edited:

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Spend more to get quality - Some to consider: Benchmade Stryker or mini Stryker auto, Infidel, Phaeton OTF

Microtech ultra tech OTF

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    After my first auto opened in my pocket, most of mine have a safety on them.
    Most of mine are from ProTech.

Want to buy another Protech? I've got a broken one I'll sell you. They warrantied it once. It broke again and after a few emails back and forth with more photos, they stopped responding to their warranty claim.

Knife is currently locked open and won't close. Used to be an auto, now it's a fixed blade.

Top Bottom