• Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    News from The Associated Press

"According to the arrest warrant, Owens told police that he "got scared" when he saw police lights behind him around 12:30 a.m. Thursday because outstanding warrants meant he could go to prison for five years. The warrant says Owens said he's facing kidnapping warrants issued as part of a custody battle over his daughter."

I don't see any other mainstream news channels reporting these details. The officers pursuing him didn't know this at the time, but I wonder how many would change their minds if asked "do you support police pursuing a vehicle whose driver has felony warrants for kidnapping?"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes, Rashad Charjuan Owens was a suspected drunk driver evading the police while driving a stolen car from the Killeen/Ft Hood area! I am glad he will be charged with capital murder in the deaths of 35-year-old Steven Craenmehr of Amsterdam, Holland and Austin resident Jamie West, 27. He is also charged with aggravated assault with a vehicle after injuring 22 other people. Owens already has a long criminal history, I hope he gets the maximum punishment allowable under the law and spends the rest of his wasted life in prison!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I wonder how many would change their minds if asked "do you support police pursuing a vehicle whose driver has felony warrants for kidnapping?"
    I wouldn't. It would be an incentive for ALL Felons to flee if terminating pursuits for reasons of Public Safety became official policy.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    A little reported fact is that he is a 22 y/o father of six children who has a rap sheet dating back to Fairbanks Alaska and Killeen Texas several years back.

I doubt he spawned six kids with the same woman at his tender age.

The car he drove in the incident was reported stolen by a Fort Hood soldier.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I hope he gets the maximum punishment allowable under the law and spends the rest of his wasted life in prison!

The maximum penalty under Texas law would, by definition, have the state end his life after an unfortunately long prison stay while his taxpayer funded appeals are exhausted. Can't come soon enough for him, his kids or anyone else.

Top Bottom