Tac light with no rail?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Shorts, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I was thinking of getting a tac light for my Commander for night time night stand service but I have no tac rail. Are there any lights that just clip to the front of the trigger guard? An easy on, easy off thing would be good. The gun is used for conceal carry. And it need to be operated at the push of one button and stay on as I only have one hand to be pushin' buttons with :smoker:

Ideas?

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    duct tape? Honestly not sure but I know surefire has a ring that you hold and has a loop for the light to secure into

http://www.surefire.com/CombatRings there is a link to its page, not sure if this would be helpful or not

3. tex45acp

tex45acp Active Member

Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
  4. Mate

Mate Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
  5. Sig master

Sig master New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Lubbock, Tx
    Command Arms Accessories has a piece that connects to the trigger guard and under the frame to add a rail with no mods to your firearm

6. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Just googled it. Interesting when I first looked at it, but reading the reviews, it's not good.

7. TimberWolf7.62

TimberWolf7.62 Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
  8. Shorts

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

...but then I'd need new holster... :lolz:

Thanks for the link. That might be the best option. While I don't want to put holes in the dust cover, there is no magical rail that will gravitate in the proper place.

9. Sig master

Sig master New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Lubbock, Tx
    just trying to help. I have only seen them all my guns have rails so never really had to use one

10. chopper

chopper Member

Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    or just buy a good surefire/streamlight/ other good brand of flashlight and keep it with your gun. take a course in low light shooting with the flashlight that doesnt attach to your gun.
    personally I like my light to be seperate, 2 weapons are better than one. just my $.02