Venture Surplus ad

Tac solutions barrel or have gunsmith mod my Buckmark barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    The 4" threaded tactical solutions barrel I'm looking at is $200.

How much would it cost me to have a gunsmith shorten and thread my original browning barrel?

This is going to be for a YHM Mite with QD.
    Venture Surplus ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I would get the tac soulution barrel so you could have your gun back faster.If you take it to a smith you may have to wait a while to get the mods done.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I'd go with the Tactical Solutions. I've got their Pac-lite on my Ruger 22/45 and man do I love this upper. It's far more accurate than I'll ever be.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    If you go with the new Tac Solutions you could recover some cost by selling your old barrel. I have never had a barrel cut and threaded, but I wouldn't imagine it would be much cheaper.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd go with the Tactical Solutions. I've got their Pac-lite on my Ruger 22/45 and man do I love this upper. It's far more accurate than I'll ever be.

How much does the pistol weigh now?

I have a similar set up to Andy's coming, with rails & integral sights. I opted for the non threaded. Now I need a Buckmark to put it with. LOL

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    How much does the pistol weigh now?

I'm not sure as I don't have any scales here but I'm sure it cut the weight in half. It feels about the same as my Glock 19 with the .22lr conversion upper on it. Next time I go to my father's or if anyone in Amarillo wants to let me use there scales for a sec. I'll put up the exact weight.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know most of the guys from USRSOG really like that type of set-up for their survival arm.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    Bump to topic!

I just got my suppressor. I can't believe it took half a year for all the paperwork.

Anyways... I still haven't gotten the barrel threaded or gotten a tac sol barrel. Anyone know of a gunsmith who could shorten and thread my buckmark barrel?

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    I have the TacSol barrel on my Buckmark, I really like it. It is much lighter than the factory barrel, I think it is mostly aluminum with a steel core for the bullet to actually travel through.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3633/dsc00547iy8.jpg

The barrel is easy enough that you can install it yourself, you only need a couple of allen wrenches to get the bolts out.

I haven't tried to sell the old barrel so I'm not entirely sure if you can finance the new one by selling the old one.

1Andy2

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Beeville
    I have the TacSol barrel on my Buckmark, I really like it. It is much lighter than the factory barrel, I think it is mostly aluminum with a steel core for the bullet to actually travel through.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3633/dsc00547iy8.jpg

The barrel is easy enough that you can install it yourself, you only need a couple of allen wrenches to get the bolts out.

I haven't tried to sell the old barrel so I'm not entirely sure if you can finance the new one by selling the old one.

Very nice.

I tried a gunsmith down in Sandia. I'd passed by the place a few times but never stopped to take a look. The guy was pretty rude, said he didn't thread barrels, and that he "didn't have nuffin to do wiff no suppressoes." Well, ok then.

Talked with Jim Rodgers of Longview Class III. Quoted me a price of ~$95 to shorten, thread, and move the front site back. I'll probably do that. He seems like a good guy to deal with.

Top Bottom