• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Got one last week. First installed it in a AR pistol and the result was less than desirable. After two 30 round mags, was only able to get it double occasionally. Then installed into a POF 16 in. rifle with somewhat better results. There is a steeper learning curve over the Slide Fire stocks. Constant pressure for the short reset is required of course, but will take quite a bit of practice and ammo. I can put someone on the Slide Fire and have them rocking in short order. Several of us tried the TacCon and not one of us were able to just rock it like they do in the videos right off the bat. I think the cyclic rate is slower than the Slide Fire stocks, but have no way to confirm it. Is it worth the $500.00 price tag? So far I'm a little disappointed. To be honest, the jury is still out, as we are still playing with it.

20140116_142938_copy1.jpg

20140116_142949_copy1.jpg

20140116_143018_copy1.jpg

20140116_143246_copy1.jpg

A copy of the ATF approval letter comes with it.
    20140116_143333_copy1.jpg

Psychomedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Rosenberg
    Thats a little disappointing to hear. I was/am still looking forward to it comimg in.

I have heard on YouTube thats it does take practice to learn the trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    So is it better to just buy a Geissele trigger and a M16 selector. Grind down the hump on the M16 selector so it can't physically depress a MG disconnector any more (thus converting it into a legal semi-auto part).

Then you get sweet light fast trigger pull and a semi-auto fake 3rd selector position for less than $300?

Spend the other $200 on a NFA stamp, ammo, optic, pizza and beer... Wutever.

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    So is it better to just buy a Geissele trigger and a M16 selector. Grind down the hump on the M16 selector so it can't physically depress a MG disconnector any more (thus converting it into a legal semi-auto part).

Then you get sweet light fast trigger pull and a semi-auto fake 3rd selector position for less than $300?

Spend the other $200 on a NFA stamp, ammo, optic, pizza and beer... Wutever.

Imo

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    IMO everytime I have messed with bumpfire the mechanics of getting the weapon to simulate full auto you can't hit shit with it. If you want FA then buy a MG. Atleast that way you have some chance of hitting the target. If you practice alot with a SA weapon you can get a pretty fast fire rate and still be able to hit something with it. Ofcourse it's only my opinion.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    IMO everytime I have messed with bumpfire the mechanics of getting the weapon to simulate full auto you can't hit shit with it. If you want FA then buy a MG. Atleast that way you have some chance of hitting the target. If you practice alot with a SA weapon you can get a pretty fast fire rate and still be able to hit something with it. Ofcourse it's only my opinion.

Have to agree. I'm much more accurate with a select fire AR than I am with a slidefire stock AR

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I tired of jacking with it and sold it to a customer at a C note loss.....

If he can get it to work as advertised, I will let ya'll know.......I never did...

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    I have yet to run across anyone who has one of these who likes it. Really good trigger shooters have told me they can go just as fast with a geissle.

Psychomedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Rosenberg
    Ok....here is my report.

From the limited use of other "upgraded" triggers...I would have to say that this one ranks up there with it. In the 2nd position the trigger has a very nice crisp pull. I havent had the chance to do a lb guage on it but it is lighter than my buddies 4lb that he has on his rifle. The trigger install was stupid easy. I say that because any person with little to no experience can install it. The hardest part would be taking out the old OEm trigger for the 3MR replacement.

Now on to the 3rd stage part....everyone wants this report. I have fired multiple FA's before and was kinda let down by the 3MR. The videos that are out are plausible if you know how to work your finger on it. I guess I was expecting what a normal FA would feel like.....however, I can get the rate of fire that I want. I can squeeze of approx 10-14 round burst like in the videos until my finger messes up and it will stop. I have been through 7ish mags to achieve this thus far. The pricing on it is more than I wanted to spend... but hey...I was suckered into the hype as well as bunches of other gun guys. I will not be buying a 2nd one if thats what yall are thinking. I am glad I have one but me thinks that my ungraded triger will be a Geissle. I ordered this when it 1st was available to order. I jumped the gun to get one before the reviews were out....I like to say I will never do that again...but I know.me and I probably will.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A friend and his first time shooting a slide fire stocked rifle. The rifle is a registered SBR w/YHM can.

We never got this type of result with the TacCon trigger.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I have yet to run across anyone who has one of these who likes it. Really good trigger shooters have told me they can go just as fast with a geissle.
    I just put a Geiselle SSA-E trigger in one of my Texas lowers, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but first chance I'll see if I can get any sort of controllable high rate of fire from it.

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    I just put a Geiselle SSA-E trigger in one of my Texas lowers, haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but first chance I'll see if I can get any sort of controllable high rate of fire from it.

That's one of my favorite triggers. If you are looking at high rate of fire but at the slight expense of accuracy check out the S3G from Geiselle. It's basically made to be a high rate of fire trigger.

Geissele makes good products, we are going to start carry their stuff next week. I personally have a SSA and SSA-E and love them.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    That's one of my favorite triggers. If you are looking at high rate of fire but at the slight expense of accuracy check out the S3G from Geiselle. It's basically made to be a high rate of fire trigger.

Geissele makes good products, we are going to start carry their stuff next week. I personally have a SSA and SSA-E and love them.

That's great news because I am in the market for a Geissele trigger, I'm leaning towards the National Match but still undecided.

Top Bottom