Join TexasGunTalk

Tactical boots... what yall wearing?

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by EZ-E, Apr 3, 2020.

1. HKaltwasser

HKaltwasser Well-Known

Yep, you're just asking for an ankle injury from a zipper blow out.

2. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Got a set of Danner Tanicus Dry in coyote for TXSG duty. AR 670-1 compliant, well built, and light. So far no complaints, but I have yet to put them through any real challenges. They appear to be up for the task though...

55317?wid=2000&hei=2000.jpg

I actually also have a set of Condor Gordon boots I picked up cheap from L.A. Police Supply. For $29.95 plus shipping, they are almost disposable; however they are comfy and I have worn them for light duty. I don't expect much out of them, but so far they are holding up pretty well. I would never wear them in the field; but for garrison duty, they're up for the challenge.

[​IMG]

3. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    5.11 Atlas boots. I ran in them in the academy everyday for 6 months. I just bought a second pair as a back up but the first ones are still holding up great. Only thing is they’re roughly $170. They don’t take a shine and fit more like a tennis shoe than a pair of boots. Worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Malatesta likes this.
  4. MacZC7

MacZC7 Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    What does a civilian do to need tactical boots? :popcorn:

rp- likes this.
  5. rp-

rp- TGT Addict

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Right. I'm still good with my vans.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

6. HKaltwasser

HKaltwasser Well-Known

Do man work.

TxStetson and MacZC7 like this.
  7. rp-

rp- TGT Addict

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I can still do man work in my trusty vans. I get 6 months or 6000 miles out of them, whichever comes first

MacZC7 likes this.
  8. HKaltwasser

HKaltwasser Well-Known

Hmmm, I wouldn't have any toes left if I wore Vans to work, Hammers, boards, tools etc. Not to mention Vans would kill my feet wearing them for ten hours on ladders and concrete.

Tactical boots are protective,breathable and supportive enough to wear them all day at jobs that demand allot.

I've been through at least 30 pairs f Vans in my younger days. They're essentially boating shoes with some extra protection for ollie scuffing.

9. rp-

rp- TGT Addict

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ya but I'm just a pool guy so I leave them at the back door while I'm inside doing man work

TxStetson, EZ-E, Oldbluered and 2 others like this.
  10. Oldbluered

Oldbluered Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    tenor (1).gif

TxStetson likes this.