• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    I've been looking for a thick sturdy pen....but they all seem to be branded with a gun or knife company, or they cost too much.

Anybody have experience with a reasonably priced pen without "tactical" branding?

Thanks.....Pachucko
    Venture Surplus ad

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I picked up a "contractors" pen at lowes a couple years ago. solid steel housing, very heavy.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I don't understand the "tactical" pen thing.

What I started doing is buying cheap as possible pens in bulk from sams. I lose em anyways...

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    How about a sharpie marker? I know it does not sound like it could be much next tto some $60-100 tactical pen but honestly the sharpie will punch thru as
    much stuff as a tac pen an cost 1/10 aas much. Most important uyou can replace the pen vs an high dollar ink cartridge.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I've been looking for a thick sturdy pen....but they all seem to be branded with a gun or knife company, or they cost too much.

Anybody have experience with a reasonably priced pen without "tactical" branding?

Thanks.....Pachucko

This is what you want. Totally indestructible. They also make them in aluminum if you are a girly man and stainless steel is too heavy for you.

clicky

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    I have an Uzi pen. It is sturdy and cheap. One end has a "DNA recovery" area. It has very jagged edges and is cupped out. Normally a clear rubber endpiece keeps you from rippling your shirt.

UZI Tactical Pen 1

That's about what I think I'd like, without the "DNA recovery" area though - I like to thumb cap stuff. kudos for not putting "UZI" all over it!

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Kyle - Thanks for the contractor's pen idea. I'll check that out.

Mikewood - 10-4, will consider that. I've had problems with Sharpies making a mess. Maybe it's just me.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    There's a knife shop in Midland called "The Bear Claw". its pretty cool. i was in there a few months ago with some buddies and my buddy bought a "kubotan" lol. But it wasnt a pen. really just a hard, pointy, piece of metal that looks like a pen. He kept poking me in the side with it whenever I let my guard down, lol jackass.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    The one from county comm is designed to get through TSA. It has no sharp edges, and the cap does not screw on to the back of the pen, that way the main barrel is too short to really be used as a spike type weapon. It is however extremely heavy duty, and could easily do serious damage to the head/face and cause lots of pain anywhere else on the body, without drawing blood. Still no guarantee it will get through TSA, but the likelihood is better with the aluminum version, since the stainless is very heavy and feels more like a weapon. The aluminum/titanium versions just feel like a metal pen.

Top Bottom