• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I saw a relaoding technique used in a Youtube clip at a tactical shotgun match and I couldn't find it again or I would've attached the link but the competitors had belt rigs that held four shells in a stack so that four shells could be loaded from below in a manner of seconds... anybody remember what this method is called?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Dear god I can only imagine a perps chest after a full mag of buck. Talk about a beating. Even if it doesn't strike any organs (which I highly doubt that after a full mag you've missed them all) the chest would be so battered that it would take years of surgery.

I would be willing to bet that center mass hits with a full mag (5+1) of heavy buckshot would make it virtually impossible that the person would still be in the fight unless it was at a far range. Within 25 yards, you'd have to be running on the rock.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    They would have be on a lot of the best dope money can buy. Cause after 6 rounds of 00 to the center mass at 10' there wouldn't any mass in the the center left to shoot!

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    It was a joke...if you unload your full compliment of 00 buck and they are still coming after you...your name is John Connor and your battling the terminator

BillyBothHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    the Marine video

So the Marine in the video, was he not pushing his forearm all the way out? a couple of times there his action was opening on fire without him touching it

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Maybe i'm a idiot but why not birdshot? Just as effective at close range as 00' but doesn't go through interior walls.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Maybe i'm a idiot but why not birdshot? Just as effective at close range as 00' but doesn't go through interior walls.

Would you use birdshot on a deer? ;) I sure as heck wouldn't. Buckshot or slugs for me when it comes to defense against a human size attacker.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Ever look at the ballistic gel for birdshot? I'm usually not one to squack about ballistics, but you are talking like 5 or 6 inches. Not close to the 12" most people want. Sure Birdshot will make a messy wound, but it won't penetrate worth a darn. It is NOT as effective at close range as 00' buck.

There is a reason it won't penetrate many walls.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Ever look at the ballistic gel for birdshot? I'm usually not one to squack about ballistics, but you are talking like 5 or 6 inches. Not close to the 12" most people want. Sure Birdshot will make a messy wound, but it won't penetrate worth a darn. It is NOT as effective at close range as 00' buck.

00 is effective in a close quarters situation but so would birdshot... those 5 inches would be plenty to leave a nice wound cavity to slow someone down and probably put a couple of nice holes in their air bags... making every movement torture... two rounds of birdshot just to make sure will more often than not do the job dee

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    [url]http://Theboxotruth.com[/URL]
    Bird shot tends to have a cratering effect on big game (in this case BG'S ) I have read Capstick and he says that you can chop a lioness's head off with 20 ga bird shot and that he did it. But the muzzle was a few inches from her head. (I could be wrong about the Capstic storie that is why I didn't claim it as fact) He also reports a kid with a shot gun or light rifle bouncing rounds off of a lions head and finally be forced to kill it with a spear. So shoot birds with bird shot and Bad burglar guys with 00 buck or slugs. The bird shot will go threw sheet rock just a good as 00 buck will. I have told people to use bird shot before after the article on the box-o-truth I renounced my faith and went to the dark side of shot guns.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    [URL="http://Theboxotruth.com"][url]http://Theboxotruth.com[/URL][/URL]
    Bird shot tends to have a cratering effect on big game (in this case BG'S ) I have read Capstick and he says that you can chop a lioness's head off with 20 ga bird shot and that he did it. But the muzzle was a few inches from her head. (I could be wrong about the Capstic storie that is why I didn't claim it as fact) He also reports a kid with a shot gun or light rifle bouncing rounds off of a lions head and finally be forced to kill it with a spear. So shoot birds with bird shot and Bad burglar guys with 00 buck or slugs. The bird shot will go threw sheet rock just a good as 00 buck will. I have told people to use bird shot before after the article on the box-o-truth I renounced my faith and went to the dark side of shot guns.

Maybe my Maverick will be loaded with interchanged 00 and slugs... that outta get the job done...

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way

I'm average size 6' 195 and at my widest point is about 7 inches so it seems to me 12" would be overpenetration. I know bird shot is efective from about 15 feet I scattered peices of a jackrabbit all over a barbedwire fence so I'm certain it would work on an intruder.

Top Bottom